Forum access

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Post Reply
User avatar
tyronec
Posts: 5485
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 am
Location: Portaferry, N. Ireland

Forum access

Post by tyronec »

Am finding that much of the time I can't get access to the forum. It just locks up and then times out.
Come back 10 minutes later and it may be OK, or maybe not.
It has not been as slow as this in years gone past.
Is it just me or it it the same for everyone ?
The lark, signing its chirping hymn,
Soars high above the clouds;
Meanwhile, the nightingale intones
With sweet, mellifluous sounds.
Enough of Stalin, Freedom for the Ukraine !
User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

RE: Forum access

Post by Zovs »

Sometimes you have to delete your cookies and the relogin.
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
Kursk1943
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:17 pm
Location: Bavaria in Southern Germany

RE: Forum access

Post by Kursk1943 »

It's the only one of my pages which sometimes won't load. Either I have to repeat it several times or try it sometime later. Sometimes it also takes a lot of time to load. But I do have these problems only maybe 2-3 times a week. I think it's a server related problem.
Denniss
Posts: 9331
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Germany, Hannover (region)

RE: Forum access

Post by Denniss »

same problem here, intermittently work and often crashes with asp error
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
User avatar
Zovs
Posts: 9275
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
Location: United States

RE: Forum access

Post by Zovs »

For me, it loads, but sometimes its very very slow, and then you get the 504 error.

But then it mostly works, until it hits that weird cookie glitch/?
Image
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
Tester for WDS games
DeletedUser1769703214
Posts: 9319
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:26 am

RE: Forum access

Post by DeletedUser1769703214 »

The Captcha is my only problem. If I get the captcha correct I have no issues getting in.
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Forum access

Post by Joel Billings »

ORIGINAL: Zovs

For me, it loads, but sometimes its very very slow, and then you get the 504 error.

But then it mostly works, until it hits that weird cookie glitch/?


I've reported this error to Matrix in the past. Erik says it's a known issue and they are working on it. I think they are doing some major backroom changes and hope when they are done this will be improved. As one that is constantly going to the forum I agree it's a pain and look forward to the day when this isn't happening.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”