C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
User avatar
TempestII
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:50 am

C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Post by TempestII »

Before I potentially post this in Tech Support, I want to double check that I'm not being dense. I've got a scenario on 1147.39 where I've got both EC-130SJs and C-17s with the ability to deploy AGM-158C Rapid Dragon Pallets. Unfortunately, I can't get them to fire. The pallets themselves have no valid target option (which makes sense) but I also can't get them to manually drop via Shift + F1 either.

Is this operator error or a tech support issue?

PSA for a save.

Image
Attachments
ConvoyPT1.zip
(3.67 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
RapidDragonPallets.jpg
RapidDragonPallets.jpg (529.59 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
User avatar
dadizonline
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 am

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Post by dadizonline »

Try Ctrl + F1 it's bearing on launch mode
History is written by victor.
boogabooga
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:05 am

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Post by boogabooga »

There is no 'range', 'PoH', 'CEP', or 'valid targets' defined in that database entry, nor is it BOL-capable. So no, of course you could never get it to fire at anything- at least not in the conventional sense. Whether that is intended is another matter. I don't know anything about those Rapid Dragon Pallets; are you sure that they are supposed to be fired, or do those have to do with moving weapons around as cargo?
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
rmwilsonjr
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:17 am

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Post by rmwilsonjr »

Looks like it should be a cargo mission, not a strike mission.

https://www.overtdefense.com/wp-content ... 68x466.jpg

Having read further, it appears the idea is to shoot multiple missiles from the pallet while it is descending, so good luck with that given the mission options available to us in CMO. [&:][:)]
Richard
User avatar
TempestII
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:50 am

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Post by TempestII »

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

There is no 'range', 'PoH', 'CEP', or 'valid targets' defined in that database entry, nor is it BOL-capable. So no, of course you could never get it to fire at anything- at least not in the conventional sense. Whether that is intended is another matter. I don't know anything about those Rapid Dragon Pallets; are you sure that they are supposed to be fired, or do those have to do with moving weapons around as cargo?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... se-missile

It certainly sounds like they should be able to fire as such. But I assume, as the the weapons are fired from the pallet rather than the aircraft, it's maybe caused an issue or isn't entirely obvious in CMO. I'll have a play around with a cargo mission later.
Dimitris
Posts: 15994
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:29 am
Contact:

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Post by Dimitris »

This is currently not working as designed. It was added in the DB just before we released it, so we didn't have time to also add the sim-side special logics for it. It will have to wait for a future update.

Sorry!
User avatar
TempestII
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:50 am

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Post by TempestII »

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

This is currently not working as designed. It was added in the DB just before we released it, so we didn't have time to also add the sim-side special logics for it. It will have to wait for a future update.

Sorry!

That would explain it! No worries and thanks for the update.
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”