No Crashes Since Setting GraphicsStreamingMemoryBudget

Moderator: MOD_DW2

Post Reply
Jace11
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:29 pm

No Crashes Since Setting GraphicsStreamingMemoryBudget

Post by Jace11 »

There is a new option in 1.0.20's GameSettingsOverrides.txt. This file is found in the data folder. Inside is a set of options. I tested a few and found the crucial one for me to stop crashes and graphic glitches was

GraphicsStreamingMemoryBudget ;

Put a value after the semicolon in MB for the VRAM of your gfx card. For my potato nvidia with 2GB VRAM, this would be
GraphicsStreamingMemoryBudget ;2048

if you have say a 4GB card try ;4096 etc etc

Honestly, my game hasn't crashed since I did this. Obviously won't work for all, as there will be separate issues causing different CTD's but worth a shot. Things were so bad I refunded it once already on steam, but then bought it again (because I loved the gameplay) and got very lucky I found a solution, although I could also play on Geforce now, but I think it crashed on there once.

Well into the game now, enjoying it.
Post Reply

Return to “Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support”