American Civil War Command

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Post Reply
User avatar
welk
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: France

American Civil War Command

Post by welk »

My East War front is now ready concerning graphs and basic settings in editor, but it will take a long time to play through to definitivly adjust the settings in details (in particular unit's parameters)

Waiting that, and because I don't like to just work in parameters (graph work is my favorite work), I decided to build the third part of my Battles system mod (first is Ancien Battles, second is Napoleonic battles, and third will be Us Civil war battles)

CIVIL WAR MOD is now awailable => Download link :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n75k5ieo ... 0.rar/file
Updloaded 11/08/2026


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mod does use (a little bit modified) graphs of the very old and excellent "Civil war general II" (Sierra game)
https://www.sierragamers.com/civil-war-generals-2/

and some graphs of a little game :twisted: that has for name (I think :mrgreen: ) Strategic Command ACW


The mod does use SC War in Europe engine (and not SC2 - ACW) : I play this one as gamer, but for modding purpose, I use only SC War in Europe, that has lot of units types

This mod will be a generic mod (only 2 armies : North & South), that will allow to any player to create/build his own ACW battles without any technical modding work : he will just have to modify my settings parameters if he does prefer to calibrate his own settings in the editor




UNION UNITS
UNION_UNITS_LEGEND.png
UNION_UNITS_LEGEND.png (131.39 KiB) Viewed 1453 times
START SCREEN
main_screen_16x9.png
main_screen_16x9.png (3.05 MiB) Viewed 1453 times
Last edited by welk on Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
welk
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: American Civil War Command

Post by welk »

Definitive look of units ; Flags are not correct (in work)
There are 4 scales for cavalry and infantry : Brigade, regiment, battalion, company (to allow different scales for battles)
I refered to this :https://www.essentialcivilwarcurriculum ... ation.html
UNITS.png
UNITS.png (428.06 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
User avatar
welk
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: American Civil War Command

Post by welk »

Battle test : the ACW battle system works fine, with Civil War General II (Sierra) ambiance (music)
Armored trains will be abandoned, I will just keep RR Arty
Machine guns are very efficient/deadly, just one in each oob will be suffisant to have high results (but they are also vulnerable)
TEST-BATTLE.png
TEST-BATTLE.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1228 times
User avatar
welk
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: American Civil War Command

Post by welk »

The mod is coming soon


After this US Civil War mod system, I will build a 1870 Franco-Prussian mod system and a August-September 1914 mod system to allow building of detailled/localized battles of these times

And after that, I will re-work all these battle mods (each one, one by one) to improve their quality standards + to create some particular battles (+ to add a system battles for Medieval battles, one for Renaissance battles and in addition one for 17th-18th battles, including US Independance war). At first, Ancient times battle mod and Napoleonic battle mod had some default and imperfection, because I had to explore the technical possibility of tactic battles modding as "beginner" in this domain, but during work in progress, I improved the quality and these old mods will be better in some times.

It's a long work, but I want to demonstrate that the SC engine/system has his great place in the "tactic battles world" : no any other game has a so powerfull and detailled editor, it's a wargamer dream to have this kind of tool to build any historical battle on the world history (from Ancient times to 1914, like the old and fantastic "Age of Rifles", a DOS game made by SSI games, that allowed to create all battles of world history)

See here : Hubert seems to have perhaps some futur interessant ideas about that... :P
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopi ... 7#p5283867
Last edited by welk on Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
welk
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: American Civil War Command

Post by welk »

Link to download the mod has been been updated (11/08/2026 - see firt post of the thread)

Readme updated in previous above post (new units added : bridge-engineers in addition of "sappers-engineers", "supply command" units, improved RR Arty and armored train with troops)

First battle scenario will probably be 1st battle of Bull run

New units :
Don't take care with the big yellow circles : they will be invisible in game, it's a little tip I discovered to avoid to cover entire map with rails, roads or major cities, and to have limited effects of "lack of command" ("command" is the name that replace "supply" in the mod : units with low level of command will be more vulnerable and less effectives, but the "supply" will not have the essential function it has in vanilla game due to the combination between "supply command units" (mobile supply) and high officers.
new units.jpg
new units.jpg (273.21 KiB) Viewed 678 times
RPGWargamer
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:50 am

Re: American Civil War Command

Post by RPGWargamer »

Oh man, have I been looking for something like this... I will provide some ideas for this in the next few days but absolutely excellent work!
User avatar
welk
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Location: France

Re: American Civil War Command

Post by welk »

Thanks, all ideas and suggestions to improve the mod are welcome (if you have some, I will try to implement that in the mod)

If you prefer, you may also use the mod to create your own customized version, and you may share it as you want without any problem ; if needed, I could give you some usefull graphs)

You may also build historical (or not historical) Civil War battles with the mod, as you want


I build lot of mods at the same time and updates are sometimes long to come, but improvement of this mod is planed (in particular, I think my terrains graphs are too clear, I will re-work that using terrains that will be more close of vanilla terrains)
If you like this kind of battles, there are also 2 similar other "battle mods":
(they will be also improved when I will have time to do)

Napoleonic battles mod :
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=412817

Ancient battles mod
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=412622
Post Reply

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”