Range value discrepancy between stated DB-viewer value and in-sim calcs & display on "Unit Status"

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
Knightpawn
Posts: 748
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2024 12:28 pm

Range value discrepancy between stated DB-viewer value and in-sim calcs & display on "Unit Status"

Post by Knightpawn »

I have a case where a the description says that a loadout's tac range is 180nm, but if one actually launches the unit the range seems to be +2x than that. Do I report this in the forum or as a DB issue?
User avatar
blu3s
Posts: 1370
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:45 am

Re: [Q] Discrepancy between unit performance and description

Post by blu3s »

Is it the text description htat is on top on the DB viewier or the loadout box description?

If the later, it's a DB thing.
tylerblakebrandon
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon May 11, 2020 5:16 pm

Re: [Q] Discrepancy between unit performance and description

Post by tylerblakebrandon »

Is this necessarily an issue? What is the unit involved? The loadout should contain a buffer and the range should be enough to account for a round trip back to base even with some stores still aboard without the maximum possible range buff from expending all stores and the weight/drag reduction.
Kushan04
Posts: 1271
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:27 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [Q] Discrepancy between unit performance and description

Post by Kushan04 »

Knightpawn wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 6:20 am I have a case where a the description says that a loadout's tac range is 180nm, but if one actually launches the unit the range seems to be +2x than that. Do I report this in the forum or as a DB issue?
The loadout ranges shown are nominal, they're going to vary in reality depending on the current altitude and speed of the aircraft...
Knightpawn
Posts: 748
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2024 12:28 pm

Re: [Q] Discrepancy between unit performance and description

Post by Knightpawn »

i am hesitant to report it as an issue. But when I read 180nm range for loadout 37x Marines, I expect this is the tactical range I have to plan around. I don't expect something like this (launch one and observe practical range).
Attachments
Test Sea Stallion.zip
(12.34 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”