Fragmenting LCUs by air

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
User avatar
Yaab
Posts: 5591
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Poland

Fragmenting LCUs by air

Post by Yaab »

Scen001

I needed aviation support in Tsuyung so I decided to fragment AVG Ground Echelon by air transport. I have flown 8 aviation support devices from Mandalay to Tsuyung. When I went to Mandalay again after two or three turns, I ntoiced that the AVG's parent unit has the "+" sign next to Aviation Support devices. Seems I can top it up to the full TOE (30 aviation support) and fly another fragment somewhere else, and repeat the whole process ad nauseam.

Does that mean I can have ample aviation support in dozens of bases? How many fragments can I create from one LCU?
Attachments
RESTART XXVI AVG fragemnting (3).png
RESTART XXVI AVG fragemnting (3).png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 112 times
RESTART XXVI AVG fragemnting (2).png
RESTART XXVI AVG fragemnting (2).png (2.06 MiB) Viewed 112 times
RESTART XXVI AVG fragemnting (1).png
RESTART XXVI AVG fragemnting (1).png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 112 times
User avatar
RangerJoe
Posts: 19755
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: Who knows?

Re: Fragmenting LCUs by air

Post by RangerJoe »

I don't think so . . .
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing! :o

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
:twisted: ; Julia Child


Image
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20760
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Fragmenting LCUs by air

Post by BBfanboy »

Yaab wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:14 pm Scen001

I needed aviation support in Tsuyung so I decided to fragment AVG Ground Echelon by air transport. I have flown 8 aviation support devices from Mandalay to Tsuyung. When I went to Mandalay again after two or three turns, I ntoiced that the AVG's parent unit has the "+" sign next to Aviation Support devices. Seems I can top it up to the full TOE (30 aviation support) and fly another fragment somewhere else, and repeat the whole process ad nauseam.

Does that mean I can have ample aviation support in dozens of bases? How many fragments can I create from one LCU?
Only the intact AVG unit has the + sign. It's TOE is 30 AS, IIRC. When you flew out the 8 AS, the + sign disappeared - there is no longer a possibility to fill the missing TOE. Lack of supplies and distance from a supplied base are probably factors.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Diliwitm
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:54 pm

Re: Fragmenting LCUs by air

Post by Diliwitm »

Despite the + it do not fill because the game checks the total device quantity of all fragments.
User avatar
Yaab
Posts: 5591
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Fragmenting LCUs by air

Post by Yaab »

Good to know. Many thanks.
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”