Multiplayer Tournaments

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply

Are you interested in participating in tournaments?

Poll runs till Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:47 pm

Yes
8
62%
No
5
38%
 
Total votes: 13

Kushan04
Posts: 1273
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:27 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Multiplayer Tournaments

Post by Kushan04 »

With multiplayer coming to everyone next week, I want gauge how many people in the community would be willing to participate in MP tournaments.

I have an idea for the structure but the final format will depend on how many people sign up.
User avatar
Mkha2023
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:15 pm

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Post by Mkha2023 »

I have been waiting for 2 things in CMO: MP and a proper land warfare.

Do those 2 and you'll have a years long recipe for a outstanding success!

I would sign up for MP tournaments, but would have to refresh cmo knowledge. Its a great idea
thewood1
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Post by thewood1 »

"Do those 2 and you'll have a years long recipe for a outstanding success!"

I would say that 13 years, thousands of players, multiple defense contracts is already a fairly good definition of long-standing success. Not sure commercial MP can materially change that.
User avatar
Mkha2023
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:15 pm

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Post by Mkha2023 »

thewood1 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:14 pm "Do those 2 and you'll have a years long recipe for a outstanding success!"

I would say that 13 years, thousands of players, multiple defense contracts is already a fairly good definition of long-standing success. Not sure commercial MP can materially change that.
I wasnt minimizing the CMO trajectory.

1: I was refering to retail clients. (Altough im sure professional institutions would find an in-depth land-warfare simulator very interesting.)

2: with those 2 facets well settled it would be a decades long game, and no need would exist to transition to another game (like previous command). Sell the land warfare package as dlc (i would buy it).
thewood1
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Post by thewood1 »

The transition to the new game was a major rebuild that had nothing to do with multiplayer. There are games that are successful without multiplayer.
User avatar
Mkha2023
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:15 pm

Re: Multiplayer Tournaments

Post by Mkha2023 »

thewood1 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:44 pm The transition to the new game was a major rebuild that had nothing to do with multiplayer. There are games that are successful without multiplayer.

I believe you.

My point is that CMO can become a even better game if it can fulfill those 2 slots: mp and land warfare.

It is that evolution that i wager many users are eager for.

As a weapons systems testing simulator, it has no parallel in civ world.
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”