Refuel Issue - Fail Safe 01 Bird Down

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
Bluerew
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Refuel Issue - Fail Safe 01 Bird Down

Post by Bluerew »

Hello there.

I haven't been playing for a while, so maybe something was changed and I missed it.

I started the "Fail Safe" missions for the first time, and in the first mission I have this issue: My Sea Vixen fighter always fly with afterburner to the Scimitar Tankers. As a result they often crash mid-way because they run out of fuel. This happens both when they automatically fly to the tanker because of BINGO status, and when I manually trigger the air-refuelling because I see that the fuel state is low.

Also, when flying as a group (let's say 2 planes), as soon as the first one reaches bingo it flyes full afterburner to the tanker leaving the other plane alone on station until it also reaches bingo. Wouldn't make more sense if, as soon as one plane reaches bingo the whole formation flyes to refuel?

I tried to see in the doctrine if there's a way of manage this but I can't find any settings regarding this refueling details.

Let me know if you also have the same issue and if you know where to modify the refuelling parametrs!

Cheers!
Nikel
Posts: 3432
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Refuel Issue - Fail Safe 01 Bird Down

Post by Nikel »

Post a zipped save for the devs, also what build of the game are you running?

https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=255656
Bluerew
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Re: Refuel Issue - Fail Safe 01 Bird Down

Post by Bluerew »

I had the issue before the update to the 1.10 (That I did this morning). So I just restarted the scenario with the new current version (build 1900.20).
The save file is here attached. As it can be seen I had just engaged two enemy contacts with two Sea Vixen formations (Two planes each) that were loitering on station, not on Bingo status.

As soon as I took off a tanker plane, one element of each formation started flying afterburner towards the tanker, no input from my side.

If you let the scenario continue, which I did, both planes crash in the sea with empty fuel trying to reach the tanker. The tanker is even flying towards the nearest plane, disregarding my order to proceed at a certain station.
Attachments
Down Bird_New build.zip
(389.57 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Nikel
Posts: 3432
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Refuel Issue - Fail Safe 01 Bird Down

Post by Nikel »

The problem seems to be related with the small capacity of the Scimitar as a tanker, and there is only one.

If you move the Stratotanker (in the Gulf of Guinea) to a nearby position, they automatically change to cruise.

The same happens if you multiply the number of Scimitar tankers available.

I suppose this Stratotanker should not be in the scenario, or at least is not in the briefing.


R.gif
R.gif (2.27 MiB) Viewed 107 times
Bluerew
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Re: Refuel Issue - Fail Safe 01 Bird Down

Post by Bluerew »

Okay thanks for the reply. So essentially the issue is only caused by the "bad combination" of assets available and is not an in-game issue?

The solution could be to cancel any automatic refuelling and just handle it manually for this scenario?

And I never noticed the Stratotanker :lol: :lol: ...
Nikel
Posts: 3432
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 am

Re: Refuel Issue - Fail Safe 01 Bird Down

Post by Nikel »

Let's wait for the devs.


IMO is a game bug. It looks like they are competing for the limited fuel, first come, first served, and as a result ending both in the water.

There is also a problem in the refueling of the scenario, not enough assets, perhaps the Stratotanker was added to solve it? But in a strange position and not listed in the briefing, also the loadout is "nothing".
Bluerew
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Re: Refuel Issue - Fail Safe 01 Bird Down

Post by Bluerew »

Yeah fair enough, and I agree on the fact that the available tankers are absolutely insufficient for the scenario.
The briefing states that the Centaur Tankers should refuel the sabres coming from Norway, but there's no way they will be able to do so, if they are not even capable of supporting the home fighter squadron.

Let's see what the devs says, in any case thanx for doublechecking this issue!
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”