New German AFV Icons

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
Matt R
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 10:00 am
Location: TX

New German AFV Icons

Post by Matt R »

Hello Gentlemen -

Here's a preview of some new German icons I'm working on. I'm going to try to redo them all, which is going to take a while :( but I'm having fun doing it. I'm trying to pick a vehicle and do all of its offshoots (ie. Panzer IVs here).

Anyway, glad to see the forums are back online. Let me know what you think about my icons. They're real grainy, but the forum won't allow anything other than .gif and .jpeg files. What happened to .pngs?

Thanks,
Matt.
Attachments
German AFVs.gif
German AFVs.gif (9.84 KiB) Viewed 343 times
"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'
User avatar
Muzrub
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Australia, Queensland, Gold coast
Contact:

RE: New German AFV Icons

Post by Muzrub »

Hi, nice work.

Is the one on the top right supposed to be a Nashorn?

If it is it should be a little longer, larger crew area and the gun should be longer.

Once again keep up the good work!
Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Iraq, and i have seen
Things are not what they seem.


Matrix Axis of Evil
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

RE: New German AFV Icons

Post by Belisarius »

ORIGINAL: Muzrub

Hi, nice work.

Is the one on the top right supposed to be a Nashorn?

If it is it should be a little longer, larger crew area and the gun should be longer.

Once again keep up the good work!

Smallest Nashorn in mankind.

That looks like a Wespe to me. ;)

Good work, Matt! You set a new standard. [&o]
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
parusski
Posts: 4789
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Jackson Tn
Contact:

RE: New German AFV Icons

Post by parusski »

Those icons look great Matt. Keep us posted and good luck.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Oxtane
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:47 am
Location: United States, Nebraska
Contact:

RE: New German AFV Icons

Post by Oxtane »

They are excellent! Keep up the good work.
Image
User avatar
Matt R
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 10:00 am
Location: TX

RE: New German AFV Icons

Post by Matt R »

Hello Gentlemen -

Thank you all for the nice comments. They are very much appreciated. That topmost AFV is indeed a Wespe. However, I'm having some trouble with the game's color palette. My icons look horrible in-game.. looks like I need PSP. Am in a serious financial crunch right now, so it'll probably be summer before I can afford a copy of it. I'll have to limit myself to grey German vehicles and maybe a few greens Allied ones, palette permitting. It seems to have no trouble at all with grey, but hates tan and brown [:@][8|]

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Perhaps I'll be able to do a general SHP update in the future.

Take care guys.

Thanks,
Matt.
"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'
Voriax
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland

RE: New German AFV Icons

Post by Voriax »

ORIGINAL: Matt R

looks like I need PSP. Am in a serious financial crunch right now, so it'll probably be summer before I can afford a copy of it.

At least they used to have a 30-day trial version of PSP available... Of course before one really learns to use it that 30 days is over.. [:'(]

Voriax
Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!
User avatar
Muzrub
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Australia, Queensland, Gold coast
Contact:

RE: New German AFV Icons

Post by Muzrub »

Smallest Nashorn in mankind.

That looks like a Wespe to me. ;)


The reason I said Nashorn is because I thought all the pictures were based on the PzIV chassis.
A Wespe is based on the Pz II chassis.
Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Iraq, and i have seen
Things are not what they seem.


Matrix Axis of Evil
Kevin E. Duguay
Posts: 563
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:46 am
Location: Goldsboro, North Carolina

RE: New German AFV Icons

Post by Kevin E. Duguay »

Matt,

In some cases to get a starter color I wanted to work with, I used the EYEDROPPER tool to pick up a color and then placed it somewhere away from the Icon I was working on so I could use it again easily. With some Icons I created a whole series of COLOR STRIPS. When the Icon is compleat just paint over the Strips in the background pink tone. All I have to work with is the basic paint program that came with my computer. I did'nt even know it existed untill about a year and a half ago!
Go figure!?

Have Fun and good luck. Any Questions just ask!![;)]
KED
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”