Seeking IJN opponent

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess
Post Reply
User avatar
foliveti
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:24 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Seeking IJN opponent

Post by foliveti »

I am intermediate level. Have played a bit against AI and have just started playing PBEM. Looking for IJN opponent. 140% IJN commitment USN 100%. sub doctrine off, damage control and FOW on. I am also willing to play shorter campaign game that run to end of 1942.
Frank
smallie1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:12 pm

RE: Seeking IJN opponent

Post by smallie1 »

no clue how to rank myself. have had the game for over a year. played AI for awhile, and then let the game sit for 10-12 months. Just started playing again. have not played a person. have not read rules as far as how to run PBEM, although I suspect its not rocket science or brain surgery (good thing, as I ain't Jethro!).

have just recently been trying out the IJN.

Don't care about scenario, but have not played anything other than full (scenario 17?) so maybe May of '42 is a good starting point.

details such as turn length or any house rules? Number of turns your expecting a day? I personally like very variable reinforcements.

I can probably get 1 turn a day, more on weekends, at least until it's warm enough to go fishing!! Running kids could interfere with all just mentioned.

recent threads a far as house rules seem fair: no Corsairs on carriers other than Bunker Hill, those 100 supply forward sub bases seems not too realistic, maybe port size x? nothing obviously gamey.

Maybe simultaneously play one of us as Allies, and another as IJN? Total points gives that person the rights to tell everyone around him they kicked butt? As if my wife would care.

Steve L - Springfiled IL, so Central time zone.
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents wanted”