Custom Battle - Points???

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Windo von Paene
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue May 16, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Custom Battle - Points???

Post by Windo von Paene »

So I'm trying to set up a game for PBEM, Pac 42, and I thought, "Hey I'm tired of meeting engagements, how about an advance/delay instead?"

Set up defender with 1000 points and attacker with XXX points. Takes me to the buy screen and my Japanese forces have only 700 points to buy with! What's the story with that? Shouldn't I get approximately 2:1 points?

Any ideas appreciated...
User avatar
skukko
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by skukko »

Hi Windo Image I'll suppose it is because this engine is company or so sized. I've noticed too that if points are xxx on both, it gets low value to deal with. Do it manually if you prefer 2:1 points. And you are correct on engagement -pbem games, nobody has asked seriosly attack-defend -mission in league pbem games. Off the league it happens. Besides ain't that 700 hundred enough to beat US army of 1000? I've noticed that US army is in pacific as sovjets are in europe...I'm playing US at 42league and found out that my only friend is B-17...joke

mosh

Ps. I've got one scene at pac ready to play pbem. Are you interested of doing it with your fellow, thou its very different...
salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”