Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Pascal_slith
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:39 am
Location: In Arizona now!

Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Pascal_slith »

I noticed the greater than normal number of anxious potential buyers lurking here these past two days. Does everyone regularly check the 'Store'? Like every hour? [:D][:D] Every 30 minutes? [:D][:D][:D]
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Image
User avatar
Odin
Posts: 1045
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Germany, Wanne-Eickel

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Odin »

Nearly every 30 minutes[:D]

Can´t wait...i need the stuff![:D]
Image
cpt_Venomous
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 6:18 am
Location: PYCb MOCKBA

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by cpt_Venomous »

logged int matrix earlier today and saw over 400 people being on at once, talk about scary
"Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.'
- Lord General Zyvan

User avatar
Pascal_slith
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:39 am
Location: In Arizona now!

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Pascal_slith »

Can you imagine the server breakdown when we all log in for digital download? [:@]
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Image
User avatar
Odin
Posts: 1045
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Germany, Wanne-Eickel

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Odin »

I believe the server will face some problems....but i hope not so big problems that the people who buy CD´s in the shop will get their games earlier[:D]
Image
cpt_Venomous
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 6:18 am
Location: PYCb MOCKBA

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by cpt_Venomous »

how big is download?
"Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.'
- Lord General Zyvan

Antonius
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Saint Arnoult en Yvelines FRANCE
Contact:

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Antonius »

ORIGINAL: Odin

I believe the server will face some problems....but i hope not so big problems that the people who buy CD´s in the shop will get their games earlier[:D]

I have grown a great interest in the "forgotten" Pacific War thanks to UV, I have quite a number of free hours ahead as the Euro 2004 football competition is coming to an end, I have a friend anxious to start a WitP pbem game so nothing short of an galactical catastrophe is going to stop me from trying to download the game.
Wargamo, ergo sum
PlacidDragon
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:06 pm
Location: Norway

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by PlacidDragon »

The download should be less than 512 MB's. As for the server breaking down, Digital River should easily be able to handle anything Matrix manages to throw at them (if what they are writing on their webpage is anything but patting themselves on the back of course....lol) [:)]

This webpage on the other hand, is a different matter. Its going fairly slow (even tho i have a 2 Mbit DSL connection at home), and its not noticeably faster here at work either (100 mbit or gigabit connection, i forget). In any case, its *awfully* fast...lol. If 500 people simultaniously try to DD through Matrix's server, that might kneel from the pressure, we'll see when DD becomes available [:)]
User avatar
Jonny_B
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 2:50 pm
Location: Dunnellon, Florida

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Jonny_B »

[font="Times New Roman"][/font]

[;)][;)]

Mr. Pascal:

I am not lurking, I am waiting and waiting and waiting dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aqua Team Hunger Force
3rd Infantry Division (mech)
Rock of the Marne
User avatar
52nd Lowland
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:38 pm

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by 52nd Lowland »

[quote]ORIGINAL: Jonny_B

[font="Times New Roman"][/font]

[;)][;)]

Mr. Pascal:

I am not lurking, I am waiting and waiting and waiting dam it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the rest.....
User avatar
The Gnome
Posts: 1215
Joined: Fri May 17, 2002 2:52 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by The Gnome »

So you mean staying up until 3am hitting <F5> is a bad idea? Not that I'm doing that or anything.....
User avatar
drw61
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:58 pm
Location: South Carolina

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by drw61 »

Its every hour or so, my wife and kids think I've lost what little gray matter I ever had......
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Mr.Frag »

So you mean staying up until 3am hitting <F5> is a bad idea? Not that I'm doing that or anything.....

Well, it's a tad silly but ...

You do understand that Digital River is a company staffed by employees right? They work business hours. Very little point pounding on them outside of business hours because there is nobody home. [:D]
User avatar
Jonny_B
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 2:50 pm
Location: Dunnellon, Florida

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Jonny_B »

[:(][:(][:(][font="Times New Roman"][/font]



I am not sure, but I believe I am starting to dream about Witp.
Such as, first moves, where I will attack first and, what WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I do not even own the game yet, and it has affected my sleep. Ouch!
Aqua Team Hunger Force
3rd Infantry Division (mech)
Rock of the Marne
User avatar
jhdeerslayer
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 3:24 pm
Location: Michigan

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Digital River is in Minnesota to I believe if that helps the time zone relevant lurkers.
User avatar
The Gnome
Posts: 1215
Joined: Fri May 17, 2002 2:52 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by The Gnome »

Well, it's a tad silly but ...

You do understand that Digital River is a company staffed by employees right? They work business hours. Very little point pounding on them outside of business hours because there is nobody home.

I was exagerrating, but that's what it feels like at any rate. ;)
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Mr.Frag »

I was exagerrating, but that's what it feels like at any rate. ;)

You might be, but I bet there were a lot of people pounding on the site after hours [;)]
hithere
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Atlanta

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by hithere »

I have found that if you take finishing nails and drive them into you arm's, it helps with the anxiety
Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by Mr.Frag »

I have found that if you take finishing nails and drive them into you arm's, it helps with the anxiety

Yikes, remind me to let you win if we ever play! [X(]
hithere
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Atlanta

RE: Notice a huge number lurking in forum at all hours

Post by hithere »

also...my smilie is not intended to acually point to anyone [:'(]
Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”