Help!!!!!

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
IanLister
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:56 am
Location: Pennine Hills, Northern England, UK

Help!!!!!

Post by IanLister »

My download just terminated at 10%...Internet Explorer closed down due to a "problem". Can someone please explain how to restart it in nice simple language. Thanks in advance.
Battleaxe Rules!
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Mr.Frag »

If you were not running a resumable download utility, you'll have to just start at the beginning again.

I am loath to recommend any of these utilities because they are generally loaded with spyware and addware. DAP is probably the best well know, but again, note the warning of the extra stuff it piggy backs onto your machine.
User avatar
Belphegor
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 2:03 am

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Belphegor »

The later versions of IE have a built-in autoresume. Anything downloaded so far is residing in your cache, as long as you don't delete it and start the download again it should pick up where it left off.

Then again....
IanLister
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:56 am
Location: Pennine Hills, Northern England, UK

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by IanLister »

Thanks..but how do I restart it? back to the order page? I've looked around but can't seem to find a way without paying for the game again!!!! It's probably me being dumb.
Battleaxe Rules!
User avatar
Belphegor
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 2:03 am

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Belphegor »

Should be able to log back in to the DR site with your order number. Somehow.

I have never done it, so my help should be considered just my guess not in any way accurate...
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Mr.Frag »

Thanks..but how do I restart it? back to the order page? I've looked around but can't seem to find a way without paying for the game again!!!! It's probably me being dumb.

Yep, right back to the order page.

See the stickied thread up at the top on how to find your order page again.
guv
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 12:21 pm

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by guv »

i stop at 29 mb try to restart but it start at the begin what up
michael donohue
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Gentlemen,

Please go to the store, click Help and ask for "help downloading". The serial number finder link in the Serial # thread I believe will also take you to the same place. It'll ask for your order info again and then let you re-download.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
2Stepper
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:16 pm
Location: North Burbs of Omaha
Contact:

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by 2Stepper »

ORIGINAL: guv

i stop at 29 mb try to restart but it start at the begin what up

Check to make sure your internet explorer is updated. It has the auto resume feature in 6.0 I believe.
Image
"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Mr.Frag »

i stop at 29 mb try to restart but it start at the begin what up

You are probably going to have to use something like DAP to be able to get it down.

http://www.speedbit.com/DAP7/Default.asp?

Just be aware that it has some not so polite features embedded in it that makes it virtually impossible to remove from your machine. I don't recommend it, but at your download speed you probably don't have a choice.
guv
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 12:21 pm

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by guv »

i did that but it take me 2hour to get to 29mb run 56k i can,t kept starting over from the begin
michael donohue
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Mr.Frag »

i did that but it take me 2hour to get to 29mb run 56k i can,t kept starting over from the begin

DAP is designed to pick up where it left off.
IanLister
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:56 am
Location: Pennine Hills, Northern England, UK

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by IanLister »

Thanks for advice. I got back to store, logged in and restarted download. It's an IE problem. It's going again, and I'm off to bed before it happens again........I'll just leave it to DL overnight.

Happy gaming, and big thanks to everyone who has played a part in the creation of this great product.
Battleaxe Rules!
User avatar
byron13
Posts: 1594
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by byron13 »

Help!!! I'm at work and all I can think about is where to move by carriers! Worse than that, the WitP background music keeps floating through my head!!!

If I can't stop thinking about it, I'll get fired. Can someone - maybe the Matrix support folks - help me?
Image
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Mr.Frag »

If I can't stop thinking about it, I'll get fired. Can someone - maybe the Matrix support folks - help me?

Bah, you're not even hooked yet ... Hooked is when you wake up at 3am thinking about the PBEM you know will be in your Inbox waiting for you. [:'(]
IanLister
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:56 am
Location: Pennine Hills, Northern England, UK

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by IanLister »

Be a teacher. Today I spent 2 hours watching 160 16 year olds doing an exam, and while supervising them I sat with a large sheet of paper and worked out whether I could initiate the Central Pacific thrust starting in the Marshalls in Sept 42, or whether it was too ambitious. The exam finished 5 minutes late when I realised the time!!!!![:-]
Battleaxe Rules!
User avatar
Adam Parker
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:05 am
Location: Melbourne Australia

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Adam Parker »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

Please go to the store, click Help and ask for "help downloading". The serial number finder link in the Serial # thread I believe will also take you to the same place. It'll ask for your order info again and then let you re-download.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik FYI. My d'load just stopped at 202megs (44%). Using the procedure above and that mentioned in the help section let me re-download but only from the start. I'm using the latest IE.

I'll see what happens again but auto-resume does not appear to be working.

(Btw - I do hope I'm downloading v1.21 at this date).
User avatar
scout1
Posts: 3124
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: South Bend, In

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by scout1 »

Does Digital River support segmented downloads ? I have seen issues (for some reason) with using GetRight with 4 segments for UV patches. Makes things go more quickly, but has to be supported. Anyone know ?
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by pasternakski »

I'm stuck in a rural backwater where 56k is all that's available. I used GetRight to download WitP and had no problems (other than taking more than a full day to get it done). My ISP automatically kicks you off the server after eight hours, so I had to resume twice. GetRight handled it without a hitch.

I have IE v. 6.0 and could not get it to resume after an interruption. I had invested 80 bucks and 8 hours in getting about a third of the game, and it wanted to start over from the beginning.

Of course, your experience may vary...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: Help!!!!!

Post by Mr.Frag »

Not sure how many they will allow, the danger is that you might get kicked off from overdoing it. As it is friday, you might be best with 1 so you know for sure you will be playing *this* weekend, not waiting for someone to reset your status on monday [;)]
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”