Now that you have it fella's
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
Now that you have it fella's
What do you think?
RE: Now that you have it fella's
Better and better as I A>catch up on my sleep.. and b>.. play and learn... very well balanced..exceipt for those pesky daylight pt boats which are just too effective[:-]
This is in the top ten all time computer games for me already
This is in the top ten all time computer games for me already
"Tanks forward"
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Now that you have it fella's
sleep? whats that? Since I got the game I have been spending more time playing than I spend at work. But yes, it does get better. Not so much in the mechanics of the game but more along the lines of figguring out what to do and how. For example, it is barely 1942 and Singy is about to fall because I pulled all the troops I could out of it. Now I want to see what happens when it does and if its worth defending serriously in the next game.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RE: Now that you have it fella's
In my current PBEM with Luskan I have now reached the 5th of Feb and Singapore is STILL in Allied hands..........this is something of a record for me[8D]

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
RE: Now that you have it fella's
What's to complain about? The learning curve is every bit as much a challenge as expected. The game has all the depth we hoped for... it's got 10 TIMES as much replayability thanks to the editor, and in the event of a glitch? We have a top-flight support staff to fix it. What on EARTH could be better? [8D] They jus need to get the word out to EVERYONE so EVERYONE can enjoy this game. Cause while I remember reading the game was only intended for a limited audience? Heh! A gem like this could get Matrix up into the mainstream. [:D] Least in MHO... Great work lads! [8D]

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..."
- captskillet
- Posts: 2493
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
- Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers
RE: Now that you have it fella's
Im to Christmas 41, Singapore has plenty of troops if I can keep them supplied enough maybe use the Dutch transports to fly in supply and fly out some troops. All the ships and planes have left. I really dont think the Dutch have anything worth saving just get all the oil and resource you can out. The game is AWESOME [:)] and is right at the top of my all time list with Close Combat!!!
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest


RE: Now that you have it fella's
I'm loving it so far. I've actually taken the advice of Joel Billings and focused on the tutorial and a small scenario (on the Marianas). Fun! When I'm not playing, all I can think about is gettig back to it. 

- Titanwarrior89
- Posts: 3282
- Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
- Location: arkansas
- Contact:
RE: Now that you have it fella's
This "SIM" is a Work of Art. ILL be at this thing for years.[:D] Singapore fell on 13 Jan 42 but the "Battleing Bastards of Battan" fight on. Ive handcuffed Big Mac and he is going down with the rest of the boys.[:D] Cya in the trenches.
ORIGINAL: Titan
What do you think?
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".
"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
- Titanwarrior89
- Posts: 3282
- Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
- Location: arkansas
- Contact:
RE: Now that you have it fella's
Forgot one thing. In my 28 years of Wargaming, WitP is without doubt the Best wargame ive ever played. It has everthing. For me it is the "Gem of all Gems"
ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89
This "SIM" is a Work of Art. ILL be at this thing for years.[:D] Singapore fell on 13 Jan 42 but the "Battleing Bastards of Battan" fight on. Ive handcuffed Big Mac and he is going down with the rest of the boys.[:D] Cya in the trenches.ORIGINAL: Titan
What do you think?
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".
"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
RE: Now that you have it fella's
THE best game ever. No contest.
If you like wargames, this is the only one you need.
I have never spent 70 bucks and been happier about it.
Rocco
If you like wargames, this is the only one you need.
I have never spent 70 bucks and been happier about it.
Rocco

- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
RE: Now that you have it fella's
This thread must make the boys at 2by3 and Matrix happy!!![8D]


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
RE: Now that you have it fella's
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
This thread must make the boys at 2by3 and Matrix happy!!![8D]
and rightfully so. I hope they do well in their sales, because they definitely deserve it.

RE: Now that you have it fella's
Just about the best ever, and getting better the more I get familiar with the system. End of Dec'41 and I'm still holding Singapore though half of Malaya has gone, and Bataan is still held by the good guys. At sea I've still (just) got Pof W and Repulse, though they have been badly hit. Trying to patch them up enough at Singapore to try to break them out back to India. And still have Wake. I think the KB is somewhere north east of the Phillippines, maybe heading forBataan, Singpore or Dutch Est Indies. So I'm hoping that the Japs will have another go at Wake (now reinforced and re-supplied) in the next week or so. If so I might just risk hitting them with CVs out of Pearl....
John
-
Point Luck
- Posts: 261
- Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:24 pm
- Location: East Coast-US
RE: Now that you have it fella's
As a UV player since it's release, I guess the best way of putting it would be Duh!
Well if I'm not careful I think this game could get me in trouble. I do have responsibilities, wife, work, grand kids.
But I can feel myself being pulled in more and more each day that I have this stinking thing on my computers and I'm just learning the game right now. God help me when I'm ready for PBEMing.
70 bucks - Matrix just raised the bar, Don't think anyone could offer anything that comes close this value
Well if I'm not careful I think this game could get me in trouble. I do have responsibilities, wife, work, grand kids.
But I can feel myself being pulled in more and more each day that I have this stinking thing on my computers and I'm just learning the game right now. God help me when I'm ready for PBEMing.
70 bucks - Matrix just raised the bar, Don't think anyone could offer anything that comes close this value
-
HawaiiFive-O
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:21 pm
- Location: USA
RE: Now that you have it fella's
What I love are the little enhancements from UV.
Like the speed settings. You can now order your TF to run at flank speed if you like.
Or the Max React range.
And the Range setting on Air Missions.
Brilliant stuff. Best wargame I've ever played on the PC. Thank you Matrix and 2By3!
Like the speed settings. You can now order your TF to run at flank speed if you like.
Or the Max React range.
And the Range setting on Air Missions.
Brilliant stuff. Best wargame I've ever played on the PC. Thank you Matrix and 2By3!

RE: Now that you have it fella's
I rarely buy or play computer games with the exception of some of the Paradox stuff (which I like after a couple of patches) but this game recreates all the "one more turn, gawd its 3am" enjoyment that I remember from Pacific War, Civilization and X-Com.
If brute force doesn't work, you didn't use enough.
RE: Now that you have it fella's
I've played through the tutorial and started the full campaign but only controlling SW Asia region - which effectively means I'm playing the British commonwealth. I love the fact that you can just control certain forces and let the AI handle the rest. I've hankered after this feature for years but hardly any games let you do it.
The game is so deep you could easily spend a day planning one turn. The strategic possibilities are so vast that even when not playing you can't help but keep planning and thinking about your options.
I don't think anyone has got too far into the campaign yet, so it's early days but WiTP really feels like an opus of a game.. the definitive game on the subject (certainly now, and probably forever)
I can't see it ever coming off my hard drive. It's worth every penny of the asking price and is quite possibly the best wargame I've ever played.
So, I guess you could say so far I like it [:D]
The game is so deep you could easily spend a day planning one turn. The strategic possibilities are so vast that even when not playing you can't help but keep planning and thinking about your options.
I don't think anyone has got too far into the campaign yet, so it's early days but WiTP really feels like an opus of a game.. the definitive game on the subject (certainly now, and probably forever)
I can't see it ever coming off my hard drive. It's worth every penny of the asking price and is quite possibly the best wargame I've ever played.
So, I guess you could say so far I like it [:D]
RE: Now that you have it fella's
This game is priceless. No better game or gaming company out there!!!

Check out my mod for Strategic Command American Civil War!
https://forums.matrixgames.com/viewtopic.php?t=413785
RE: Now that you have it fella's
Yes, I've only one complaint, and that's that photo of "Dugout Doug" which appears everytime the Combat Summary comes up[:@] However, he doesn't know it yet, but this time he's going to go down fighting to the last bullet on Bataan, as an inspiration for the Free World
.
.John
-
sven6345789
- Posts: 1072
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:45 am
- Location: Sandviken, Sweden
RE: Now that you have it fella's
JUST LOVE IT!!!!
except i have problems with greenpeace now since printing the manual and the tutorial probably made me waste 3 acres of Forest. Lots of stuff
Will probably do the tutorial step by step.
btw. love operation infield. played auto turn 1 + variable setup 3 times. got infield twice. damaged a few jap carriers..... and lost mine[:@]. Saratoga is a little lonesome on the west coast.
except i have problems with greenpeace now since printing the manual and the tutorial probably made me waste 3 acres of Forest. Lots of stuff
Will probably do the tutorial step by step.
btw. love operation infield. played auto turn 1 + variable setup 3 times. got infield twice. damaged a few jap carriers..... and lost mine[:@]. Saratoga is a little lonesome on the west coast.
Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.
Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943







