WiTP for Dummies

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
User avatar
VI66_slith
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: U.S.A.

WiTP for Dummies

Post by VI66_slith »

Ok, I will purchase the first copy of this if someone wants to produce it. It seems that there are some here, while trying to help with the best of intentions, tend to belittle people. Many have not been playing this game longer than a week, and some have never played UV either. The manual for some of these people, in places, is vague at best. It is apparent that someone is needed who can explain the game, and some of its finer points to people that are brand new to the system or are just plain having a hard time with certain concepts, as I am with the entire production/oil thing. So, ff there is somebody out there that is cool, calm, and collective who may want to help newer players, I would be more than happy to host the forum on my site and leave this forum free for the more advanced players and issues. [:)]

Or perhaps I'm just 'uppity' and I have yet to realize it, that is, until someone here points it out to me.

http://warmongers.net
"Many, who should know better, think that wars can be decided by soulless machines, rather than by the blood and anguish of brave men." ~Patton
User avatar
CMDRMCTOAST
Posts: 673
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Mount Vernon wa..

RE: WiTP for Dummies

Post by CMDRMCTOAST »

I think everybody is all to excited about the release so you
need to let a week or two go by and the guy's will come around.
as far as the knowledge base, these guy's are more than willing to share
but you need to give them some time to absorb this monster of a game.
as in the UV forum you will find no better group of players that help
everybody out as best they can.
Plus a little ribbing never hurts.
we all learn by getting stomped around the battlefield so be patient.
I have not gotten my copy yet as I wired funds friday and two working
days is needed to show the purchase, so I was left hangin all weekend.
The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz
User avatar
VI66_slith
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: U.S.A.

RE: WiTP for Dummies

Post by VI66_slith »

I'm with you. Some would say I "have issues" is all. Only because Im uppity. Image
"Many, who should know better, think that wars can be decided by soulless machines, rather than by the blood and anguish of brave men." ~Patton
mjjhnim
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:16 pm

RE: WiTP for Dummies

Post by mjjhnim »

I was lost when I first bought PACWAR, I almost through it out 10 years ago.

Then I got to play it with little more interest after reading a pacific war books.

guess what, I still playing it.

UV, when I first played it. I hated it. But after few weeks, I played full campaign.
I enjoyed it enough to BUY WitP in South Korea by D.D....

I am probably the first korean who bought the Monster Game.

I have been playing it for a few days now,

I have love and hate feeling for Witp now, Too large and Too slow.

But you know what I have been playing it for more than any other fancy

games that is in my hard drive.

One thing about Witp is that i am sure is... I WILL GET YEARS OF ENJOYMENT...

now if only my wife doesn't go NUTS... I thing I can go to 1943 by end of this week.

Games like this once you get hooked into it, there is no return...
Omnimech
User avatar
VI66_slith
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:38 pm
Location: U.S.A.

RE: WiTP for Dummies

Post by VI66_slith »

Agreed, seems the more I play the deeper I get. The deeper I get, the more I play. I really do love it, and I've been waiting for a game like this for many, many years. [8D]
"Many, who should know better, think that wars can be decided by soulless machines, rather than by the blood and anguish of brave men." ~Patton
User avatar
CMDRMCTOAST
Posts: 673
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Mount Vernon wa..

RE: WiTP for Dummies

Post by CMDRMCTOAST »

ORIGINAL: VI66

Agreed, seems the more I play the deeper I get. The deeper I get, the more I play. I really do love it, and I've been waiting for a game like this for many, many years. [8D]
We all have been waiting for years , UV was just the teaser to get us hooked.
The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz
User avatar
Bane_MatrixForum
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: HI

RE: WiTP for Dummies

Post by Bane_MatrixForum »

ORIGINAL: VI66

Agreed, seems the more I play the deeper I get. The deeper I get, the more I play. [8D]

Sung to the tempo, "Bean, beans, beans, the more you eat, the more you toot, the more you toot, the more you eat."
Second to the Last Samurai...

"What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”