Transporting Air Groups

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
Ironman664
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:00 am
Location: SC

Transporting Air Groups

Post by Ironman664 »

I'm trying to transport air groups from the west coast to PH... The manual says to use AK's in moving them... But for some reason I can't seem to load them onto the ships... Any help will be great... [8D]
User avatar
2Stepper
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:16 pm
Location: North Burbs of Omaha
Contact:

RE: Transporting Air Groups

Post by 2Stepper »

ORIGINAL: Ironman664

I'm trying to transport air groups from the west coast to PH... The manual says to use AK's in moving them... But for some reason I can't seem to load them onto the ships... Any help will be great... [8D]

Actually it should just be as simple as loading them as troops. That's all you need to do. Setup a regular transport TF. Set it to load troops. In the list of units, you should see flying units along with ground forces. Just select the flying unit you want to load and you're off.

I DID notice one oddity with that however. After loading up the unit, I was going to send with the TF a bunch of supplies on the other AK's. The supply loaded was minimal, and in the TF window only one AK seemed to be loaded with planes. That abstracted I wonder? Cause one would think if they all fit on one ship, then the rest would load up with supplies like they do when you load up LCU's. Just a thought...
Image
"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

RE: Transporting Air Groups

Post by DoomedMantis »

Those airgroups proabaly have West Coast as there HQ which is a restricted HQ.
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
User avatar
Hard Sarge
Posts: 22145
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: garfield hts ohio usa
Contact:

RE: Transporting Air Groups

Post by Hard Sarge »

ORIGINAL: 2Stepper
ORIGINAL: Ironman664

I'm trying to transport air groups from the west coast to PH... The manual says to use AK's in moving them... But for some reason I can't seem to load them onto the ships... Any help will be great... [8D]


I DID notice one oddity with that however. After loading up the unit, I was going to send with the TF a bunch of supplies on the other AK's. The supply loaded was minimal, and in the TF window only one AK seemed to be loaded with planes. That abstracted I wonder? Cause one would think if they all fit on one ship, then the rest would load up with supplies like they do when you load up LCU's. Just a thought...

don't know about the supply part, but only takes 1 AK to load a air group, guess they put them into little bidy boxes and stack them real high

HARD_Sarge
Image
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”