Lost ground troops

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
User avatar
Lemurs!
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:27 pm

Lost ground troops

Post by Lemurs! »

I have lost my first ground unit.
I air transported the 1st airborne rgmt. to Camranh just fine. I started transporting the 2nd.
Just before the 2nd finished transporting i happened to notice the 1st had disapeared.

I know it did arrive. But within a few days it was lost. It is around the 24th Dec.
I checked all ground unit list. Not there.

This is my scen 27. Full campaign.
Play by email. I am Japan.


Mike
Image
Popoi
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:45 pm

reproduce

Post by Popoi »

see if you can reproduce it when playing head to head against yourself. Try to get a "before" save game, and an "after" save game
Corsairs hurt
User avatar
Lemurs!
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:27 pm

RE: reproduce

Post by Lemurs! »

I am playing Pbem so i cannot play it head to head without quiting the game and getting my opponents password.

The problem is not reproducing it... it seems to be a very random error but a fairly common error. Same happened in Pacwar, and UV. Starting to tick me off.

I am afraid this will never be fixed.

What do i do as the Japanese if i start having divisions disapear? Do we just ignore it? Or start over even though we have played, say, 300 turns?

In frustration,
Mike
Image
Popoi
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:45 pm

frustration

Post by Popoi »

Yes very frustrating...

Unfortunately, with software, there are no magic wands that can be waved over the code to fix things. Step one towards a fix is to reproduce the error. If you can reproduce it and post the steps for doing so here, i bet the devs can fix it pretty soon.

good catch though.
Corsairs hurt
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: frustration

Post by 2ndACR »

Join the club Lemurs. I have already had units disappear in both your 26 Scen and the regular 15. And these losses were by ship transport on 3 AP's loaded as one TF, arrived and unloaded on Tarawa, about 3 days after the unit had been COMPLETELY unloaded the unit vanished. I know the unit had been completely unloaded, because I waited until the AP's were on the return voyage before ever telling the unit to begin airfield construction.

Makes you not trust anything when it happens.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”