SPWAW Problem

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Post Reply
DLLoveall
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:04 am

SPWAW Problem

Post by DLLoveall »

The problem of SPWAW not starting, and giving various error messages seems to be ongoing for some of us. The standard answer is to start the game with mech.exe. This may work for some, but didn't for me. I posted details of my problem a couple of months back, to no avail. I e-mailed Matrix support and got no response. In my case the game refuses to run after an invalid page fault. I have tried every suggestion in the forums-not just this one-but nothing works. Weirdly. if I completely uninstall the game and then reinstall, I can get it to start and run as many as three times, but the error always returns and after that the game won't start anymore. It 's not the version, because I tried 4.5, 5, 7, 8 and the same thing happens. Must be my machine but there doesn't seem to be much in common with other hardware specs I've seen posted. Any ideas? I've all but given up on SPWAW and am enjoying SPMBT and SPWW2 instead.
These two are both trouble free on same machine.
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: SPWAW Problem

Post by RBWhite »

DL:

You will find that just about everybody who has posted a problem with SPWAW running under WinXP has a differant error. Mine is the autoplay does not work properly/video & no Sound, screen goes totally black, microsoft Visual Runtime erroer messages, etc. Running from Mech.exe makes no difference.

I have also contacted Matrix support after I read Erik Rutin's thread of 9/16/2004 FOR OFFICIAL SUPPORT, an administrator from Matrixgames, no responce.

I quess when you read the SPWAW 8.2 title screen WORKS BEST ON ALIENWARE may mean something, but I don't know what ?

Well, I too have pretty much given up on SPWAW and Martix, I quess the GLORY OF GAMING HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.

As I told Marc Schwanebeck from Matrix in a thread, I do understand SPWAW is free ware, but somewhere a proffit is being made, but it won't be from me.

Matrix and SPWAW have a problem with WinXp and certain hardware. I personally do not think it is asscociated with directx and I hope they someday get it right.
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”