Political points for Japan

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
User avatar
Bradley7735
Posts: 2073
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:51 pm

Political points for Japan

Post by Bradley7735 »

so, I'm an allied player for the most part. I know where to use PP's when playing the Allies. (they are all used trying to save LCU's and airgroups in the first 6 months of the war, then used to keep Brit DD's for the rest [;)])

Where do Japan players use PP's? Do you have to save them up for a long time and transfer a division here and there, or is there a more immediate use of them?

As allies, I never have enough. Even when June 42 comes around, there's always good air and land units on the West coast, Canada, New Zealand or Australia that could be better used near the front.

I would guess that there aren't too many uses for Japan, except to save them for a long time to use on one division at a time. In Manchuria and China, you can march them wherever, so no use there. (unless you really want to use them in the pacific). Are the Home Islands the only place you need to transfer units from?

bc
The older I get, the better I was.
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: Political points for Japan

Post by 2ndACR »

Depends on the players style. I have released one division from Manchuria. You also need to use a bunch at the start to re-assign air groups out of Japan.

I look at the "free" usage of Manchurian forces as gaming the system. So I do not use them unless I pay the price.
User avatar
KPAX
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:19 pm
Location: Where the heart is; Home of the Fighting Irish

RE: Political points for Japan

Post by KPAX »

I have used mine to primarily free up the air units.

If China is too hot, I like to send them to PI, once that is taken, and bomb for exp.
"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Image

Thanks !!

KPAX
User avatar
sveint
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Glorious Europe

RE: Political points for Japan

Post by sveint »

Save up points and transfer one division from Home to Southern.

(that is, after you've replace all the bad leaders)
Chaplain
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:13 pm

RE: Political points for Japan

Post by Chaplain »

I use mine to transfer air search squadrons quickly into the deep Pacific (Makin, Tarawa, Wake, Guadalcanal, etc.) and then follow-up with fighter/bomber squadrons. I also use them to transfer heavy AA battalions to my island outposts, and to optimize commanders for my LCU's.

It seems to me that the heavy AA battalions have the potential to extract maximum blood from the counter-attacking US LBA. But what do I know?
User avatar
Hirohito
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:30 am

RE: Political points for Japan

Post by Hirohito »

First, reassign the armor units in the home islands to some hq that can do something useful with them. Then reassign the air units in the home islands to someplace you need them. Then reassign AA units. Then HQ units, HQ units have a multiplier effect on the combat troops that they add support to and Japan never has enough of them. Lastly move divisions out of the home islands.

Hirohito
You must beguile and confuse the enemy, disappearing and then reappearing at places and times inconvenient to him.
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”