Leader Bug
Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
Leader Bug
Hi, A simple poll. As many as true.
Post anything I forgot (only have 10 slots)
Post anything I forgot (only have 10 slots)
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
RE: Leader Bug
No, I've never seen it. I don't use the auto disband option though either.

________________________________________
I feal so dirty when I sink convoys with 4E bombers, makes porn feal wholsome. - Brady, Founding Member of the Japanese Fanboy Club
RE: Leader Bug
Hi, I use the auto disband but only for damaged ships and the TF normally does not have a leader other then ships CO.
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
RE: Leader Bug
Windows 2000
WiTP v1.21
WiTP v1.21

________________________________________
I feal so dirty when I sink convoys with 4E bombers, makes porn feal wholsome. - Brady, Founding Member of the Japanese Fanboy Club
RE: Leader Bug
Hello...
Are you polling for games started in version 1.40 or later or are you polling for games started before version 1.40?
Thanks...
Michael Wood
Are you polling for games started in version 1.40 or later or are you polling for games started before version 1.40?
Thanks...
Michael Wood
ORIGINAL: Mogami
Hi, A simple poll. As many as true.
Post anything I forgot (only have 10 slots)
RE: Leader Bug
Hi, Yike another good point.
If you have had this occur is the game
1.40 pure
older version updated.
If older was bug pre 1.40 update.
One major problem in testing is the tester has to use the most current version. It is possible to produce a bug in a "hybrid" game that would never exist in a pure version game.
For Mike this means only games began in 1.40 can produce the required save he needs to fix.
If you have had this occur is the game
1.40 pure
older version updated.
If older was bug pre 1.40 update.
One major problem in testing is the tester has to use the most current version. It is possible to produce a bug in a "hybrid" game that would never exist in a pure version game.
For Mike this means only games began in 1.40 can produce the required save he needs to fix.
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
RE: Leader Bug
I'm at 1.40.
WinME.
Game started with 1.40
Sincerely
Kelly
WinME.
Game started with 1.40
Sincerely
Kelly
Plankowner USS Kauffman (FFG-59).
RE: Leader Bug
The only bugs ive encountered are:
1) My allied TF suddenly recieving a jap commander! [X(]
...and...
2) The commander called ,WO (Not sure if it was a bug)
Windows XP, started new game with 1.4.
These two things haven't wavered my enjoyment of the game!
1) My allied TF suddenly recieving a jap commander! [X(]
...and...
2) The commander called ,WO (Not sure if it was a bug)
Windows XP, started new game with 1.4.
These two things haven't wavered my enjoyment of the game!
RE: Leader Bug
XP SP2
PBEM as Japan
Started as 1.3, now 1.4
I've seen few dozens of leaders changed, just went through ALL of my ships last turn, spending several hundred PPs to replace fake leaders with normal ones.
I've noted several things:
- My warships were ok, none of them had leader changed, only merchants (AP,AK,TK,AO), MSW and ML ships had new fake leaders (not from original pool)
- Most of the new leaders were Japanese, though some of them were allied
- Allied leaders were about average and above average (45-70 leadership/inspiration), Japanese leaders were above average and brilliant (55-90 leadership/inspiration), and all of them (both Jap and allied) were described as carrier leaders
- Whenever I replaced fake leader with one from the original pool the fake leader dissapeared, he never entered pool and was nowhere to be found
- I think that MLs can be used to track at least some of the leader bug. MLs use very small leader pool with rank of ENS (or something like that, not in the game at the moment), so when the leader is changed with fake one it is easy to notice, as fake one will be Capt or higher. There are not too many ML ships, and pool for them is about one screen of skippers, not that much
- My admirals pool had some issues too, Ozawa (carrier TF leader) is nowhere to be found, Yamaguchi and Abe are ok, but Yamada O is strange. He is currently in command of Air Combat TF, but I can select him from pool to command another TF. It is the same leader twice, with the same description and leadership/inspiration values. I've put him in command of some ASW TF and had him command both at the same time, but I exited without saving so who knows what would have happened if the turn got generated. It is PBEM and I didn't want to risk losing him...
Forgot to mention, there were some majors and colonels commanding AKs too.
PBEM as Japan
Started as 1.3, now 1.4
I've seen few dozens of leaders changed, just went through ALL of my ships last turn, spending several hundred PPs to replace fake leaders with normal ones.
I've noted several things:
- My warships were ok, none of them had leader changed, only merchants (AP,AK,TK,AO), MSW and ML ships had new fake leaders (not from original pool)
- Most of the new leaders were Japanese, though some of them were allied
- Allied leaders were about average and above average (45-70 leadership/inspiration), Japanese leaders were above average and brilliant (55-90 leadership/inspiration), and all of them (both Jap and allied) were described as carrier leaders
- Whenever I replaced fake leader with one from the original pool the fake leader dissapeared, he never entered pool and was nowhere to be found
- I think that MLs can be used to track at least some of the leader bug. MLs use very small leader pool with rank of ENS (or something like that, not in the game at the moment), so when the leader is changed with fake one it is easy to notice, as fake one will be Capt or higher. There are not too many ML ships, and pool for them is about one screen of skippers, not that much
- My admirals pool had some issues too, Ozawa (carrier TF leader) is nowhere to be found, Yamaguchi and Abe are ok, but Yamada O is strange. He is currently in command of Air Combat TF, but I can select him from pool to command another TF. It is the same leader twice, with the same description and leadership/inspiration values. I've put him in command of some ASW TF and had him command both at the same time, but I exited without saving so who knows what would have happened if the turn got generated. It is PBEM and I didn't want to risk losing him...
Forgot to mention, there were some majors and colonels commanding AKs too.
RE: Leader Bug
Mog, I submitted to the poll before reading Mikes comment.
XP sp2
Sen 15 un miodified, started as 1.3 and updated to 1.4. PBEM game
As Allies I have found a COL in command of a CA. I have a number of suspicious looking CPTs. MOst of them are in
charge of APS, AKS etc. and they have ratings like 30/35. They could be right, I just do not know. I haven't looked
at all units to see if there are other leader problems.
XP sp2
Sen 15 un miodified, started as 1.3 and updated to 1.4. PBEM game
As Allies I have found a COL in command of a CA. I have a number of suspicious looking CPTs. MOst of them are in
charge of APS, AKS etc. and they have ratings like 30/35. They could be right, I just do not know. I haven't looked
at all units to see if there are other leader problems.
RE: Leader Bug
Hi,
Maybe quite a stupid question but could we have a description of how the 'leader bug' looks like? I think I know but a detailed description on how to recognise it might help people who hasn't seen or bothered about it to detect if they have a problem.
From different postings I gather that it is when ship captains (leaders) all of a sudden are replaced by a different leader. Quite often from the other side. It happens mostly to the Allies.
Some details that I think might be helpful in tracking the fault:
Is it only happening to ship leaders or to TF leaders also.
Was the TF auto created (I get the impression that you, Mogami, are very much into details and would guess that you always handpick your ships and since you haven't seen it..) or did you handpick the ships.
Was the leader assigned by you or did you let the AI choose him?
Some of the questions above might seem stupid but I haven't bothered about the leaders in my own games (I'm only playing the AI so I can live with bad performances among my units) and I have no experience in PBEM games so I hope you understand.
Maybe you could have a chat with Mike and the other developers about a set of information that they think would help them in narrowing down the problem. Both on how to detect it and what info they need that isn't available in a save file.
Best regards
BPRE
Maybe quite a stupid question but could we have a description of how the 'leader bug' looks like? I think I know but a detailed description on how to recognise it might help people who hasn't seen or bothered about it to detect if they have a problem.
From different postings I gather that it is when ship captains (leaders) all of a sudden are replaced by a different leader. Quite often from the other side. It happens mostly to the Allies.
Some details that I think might be helpful in tracking the fault:
Is it only happening to ship leaders or to TF leaders also.
Was the TF auto created (I get the impression that you, Mogami, are very much into details and would guess that you always handpick your ships and since you haven't seen it..) or did you handpick the ships.
Was the leader assigned by you or did you let the AI choose him?
Some of the questions above might seem stupid but I haven't bothered about the leaders in my own games (I'm only playing the AI so I can live with bad performances among my units) and I have no experience in PBEM games so I hope you understand.
Maybe you could have a chat with Mike and the other developers about a set of information that they think would help them in narrowing down the problem. Both on how to detect it and what info they need that isn't available in a save file.
Best regards
BPRE
RE: Leader Bug
WinXP, game upgrade to 1.4, standard scenario.
Two that I've caught so far. A Dutch LT in charge of US sub. A IJA Maj in charge of? Can't remember, there're both dead now.[:D]
I never auto form or disband. No AI control or auto anything.
Haven't lost a TF commander. Once I spend the PP's I always keep that officer in charge of a TF. I rotate ships in and out to keep the TF commander active. This is something I do to stop swapping the best TF commanders with fleets that are in combat halfway around the world in one turn. That's something that I consider a problem too, leader swapping. This goes for LCU's also.
Two that I've caught so far. A Dutch LT in charge of US sub. A IJA Maj in charge of? Can't remember, there're both dead now.[:D]
I never auto form or disband. No AI control or auto anything.
Haven't lost a TF commander. Once I spend the PP's I always keep that officer in charge of a TF. I rotate ships in and out to keep the TF commander active. This is something I do to stop swapping the best TF commanders with fleets that are in combat halfway around the world in one turn. That's something that I consider a problem too, leader swapping. This goes for LCU's also.
RE: Leader Bug
Quick question: Could this be considered as the leader bug?
Because im starting to lose leaders fast!

Because im starting to lose leaders fast!

- Attachments
-
- Missing.jpg (37.13 KiB) Viewed 551 times
- Oliver Heindorf
- Posts: 1911
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 2:49 am
- Location: Hamburg/Deutschland
RE: Leader Bug
W2k I use only. Does this matter much regarding to the *bug* ( I have never seen it btw. )
No ME ( kiddie OS )
No XP ( Spyware from MS included )
No 98 ( too old )
No ME ( kiddie OS )
No XP ( Spyware from MS included )
No 98 ( too old )
RE: Leader Bug
I have seen it in a fresh 1.4 PBEM game using Lemurs 4.0 playing as the Japanese.
I use ME.
I use ME.
- Admiral Scott
- Posts: 707
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: Syracuse, NY USA
RE: Leader Bug
I have XP and have the leader bug.
Could this be a Windows XP problem?
Could this be a Windows XP problem?
RE: Leader Bug
Hi, In a PBEM game I wonder if it is the computer/Operating system the Japanese use that matters most? Or does the bug occur during orders phase?
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
- von Murrin
- Posts: 1611
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: That from which there is no escape.
RE: Leader Bug
v1.40, Win2k
Have seen it as Japanese and Allied in both PBEM and AI.
It's mostly minor units or backwater locations as nothing I've checked from turn to turn has had the substitution that I can use to send in a save.
Have seen it as Japanese and Allied in both PBEM and AI.
It's mostly minor units or backwater locations as nothing I've checked from turn to turn has had the substitution that I can use to send in a save.
I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!






