Grrrrrr..........
Grrrrrr..........
Cute little new feature the auto-base capture. Anyone else discovered it? Conquer a base and the empty bases/dots nearby start falling automatically during turn runs from time to time?
Well it's not so fun when it's Rangoon and your air force is all in Malaya taking Singapore. I'll stay at Tavoy next time. [8|]
Well it's not so fun when it's Rangoon and your air force is all in Malaya taking Singapore. I'll stay at Tavoy next time. [8|]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: Grrrrrr..........
I love it. I was concerned that I will have to occupy every tiny speck on the map.
- von Murrin
- Posts: 1611
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: That from which there is no escape.
RE: Grrrrrr..........
Yep, nice feature. I think the only thing that like it more than me is the AI.[:D]
I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!
RE: Grrrrrr..........
I'm uncertain but I think it only works with places you originally owned. Anybody know for sure?
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
RE: Grrrrrr..........
Nope, its any base. In my game the Japs landed in the Solomons, and the little dot bases began to auto-convert.
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med
Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
RE: Grrrrrr..........
ORIGINAL: Tankerace
Nope, its any base. In my game the Japs landed in the Solomons, and the little dot bases began to auto-convert.
Oh - so that's what is happening! I keep getting these little messages like "XXX is occupied by Japan."
RE: Grrrrrr..........
To avoid this all you need is to keep any unit in a base - any unit at all will prevent auto capture. So don't leave important bases unoccupied, or while you are retreating to it, it might change hands and wham... your stuck with no supply trail.
Xargun
Xargun
RE: Grrrrrr..........
Question is .........
1) Is this an intended feature (can hapen under the right circumstances) or ...
2) Is it a Bug ?
Frag/Mogami, If a bug, I've got files for you where I got the base next to Lae for "free"
1) Is this an intended feature (can hapen under the right circumstances) or ...
2) Is it a Bug ?
Frag/Mogami, If a bug, I've got files for you where I got the base next to Lae for "free"
RE: Grrrrrr..........
Hmm, guess you'd like that one in the manual eh?
Not sure where that rule went, but it is a legit rule.
Empty bases will fall to occupied bases within range. It's a random role ...
Morale of the story, protect what you want to keep.
Not sure where that rule went, but it is a legit rule.
Empty bases will fall to occupied bases within range. It's a random role ...
Morale of the story, protect what you want to keep.
RE: Grrrrrr..........
Ya know...I thought I was going crazy the first time I saw this. Then I thought I was not paying attention enough. Finally I detirmined that it must be bug...but I really liked it so I did not complain about it. [X(]
RE: Grrrrrr..........
ORIGINAL: 33Vyper
Ya know...I thought I was going crazy the first time I saw this. Then I thought I was not paying attention enough. Finally I detirmined that it must be bug...but I really liked it so I did not complain about it. [X(]
[:D]That's funny. I assumed that this was by design!
RE: Grrrrrr..........
Empty bases will fall to occupied bases within range. It's a random role ...
OK, Frag, I'll bite .....
Just what or how is "within range" computed for the various units ? 1, 2, 5 hexes ?
Is it a function of assult values, HQ's, phases of the moon ........
- Ron Saueracker
- Posts: 10967
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece
RE: Grrrrrr..........
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag
Hmm, guess you'd like that one in the manual eh?
Not sure where that rule went, but it is a legit rule.
Empty bases will fall to occupied bases within range. It's a random role ...
Morale of the story, protect what you want to keep.
See, I like this kinda stuff. Artificially keeps players honest.[:)]


Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
-
tanker4145
- Posts: 183
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:49 pm
RE: Grrrrrr..........
So far I like the rule but would like to know more about it. Is it only hexes adjacent to enemy hexes? What does it take for it to be possible?
RE: Grrrrrr..........
Seems to happen to me only to adjacent bases and happens more quickly with larger occupation forces. Never seen it happen in any truly random way.
RE: Grrrrrr..........
I think the operative phrase here is "You keep what you kill". Quotable quote from a campy but fun sci-fi movie.
I guess the only curiousity question I have is in this auto control step is do the opponents have to "attack" every blank hex to take it? Or is the auto control feature work both ways?
Regardless, its still an interesting approach which I'm rather fond of. [8D]
I guess the only curiousity question I have is in this auto control step is do the opponents have to "attack" every blank hex to take it? Or is the auto control feature work both ways?
Regardless, its still an interesting approach which I'm rather fond of. [8D]

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..."
RE: Grrrrrr..........
adjacent bases
RE: Grrrrrr..........
Another interresting fact about this is, that bases will even swap when the empty base is between opposing bases. I had bases swap to my side (Japan) while there was an allied base with troops another hex away.
Generally a very helpful feature in the PI. But I am still waiting for this base north of Baker Is. to swap, after ~8 month...
Generally a very helpful feature in the PI. But I am still waiting for this base north of Baker Is. to swap, after ~8 month...
RE: Grrrrrr..........
I'd rather not know what the rule is. By knowing the rule, I'm gaming the system. "I know I have to man this base, but I can leave that one vacant because the enemy never sends raiding forces more than 120/180/240 miles from his nearest base." Real life commanders did not have absolutes on which to base decisions. If I want to keep the base, whether in the game or in real life, I'd better garrison the d*amned thing.

















