Is the unit cost bug back?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
DataKing
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Is the unit cost bug back?

Post by DataKing »

Greetings and salutations,

I downloaded and installed version 6.0 last night and went to form a core unit as the Germans, September 1939. At first, I was pleased to see that the unit costs seem to have dropped a little from 5.3 But then I noticed that certain units were costing less than their listed price, as I believe was a problem with 5.01 (I am relatively new to this game, and only played 5.01 briefly before 5.2 was released, so I am not sure about the history of this problem).

This time, only certain units seemed to be less expensive than they should be. For example, a battery of 75mm Field Howitzers cost 88, but I believe it is supposed to cost over 100. At the same time, a Sniper cost 12 points, as it should be.

Has anyone else encountered this with 6.0? Am I missing something, or did I do something wrong? All I did was install 6.0, and I have never loaded any "alternate" OOBs or even messed with the OOBs at all.

Any feedback on this is appreciated. I just want to know if I messed things up somehow.

BTW, excellent game guys. One of these days I'll stop restarting the WWII campaign (which I feel a strange need to do every time a new version is released) and actually make some progress, so I can start writing and posting the AAR/Stories that I am planning to do. I'm getting tired of fighting the Poles :D

"Peace. Love. Food." ;)
"Welcome to the human race."
-Snake Pliskin
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

With true troop cost on experience modifies unit cost - so I think what you are seeing is that effect. I checked pretty thoroughly and unless my bloodshot eyes failed me, its calculating the cost correctly
User avatar
Jeff Norton
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: MD, USA (You're not cleared for specifics...)
Contact:

Post by Jeff Norton »

Only real thing I've noticed is that the only on-board Arty piece for the Germans is the 75mm. The 105 and 150 have available dates of Dec 49 to 49.

Is this correct?

The prices seem okay. The update only modified the MECH.EXE file and deleted the STEEL.PRF file, right?

There does not seem to be any changes in any of the OOB's that I can see.

Now, to make some time to play the game, If work and the wife will allow it...
-Jeff
-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”