Air combat between Allied and Soviets?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Nemesis
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Järvenpää, Finland

Air combat between Allied and Soviets?

Post by Nemesis »

I asked this in the thread about american heroism (now closed, thank god!), but never got an answer. So I ask again :). Is there any good sources of information regarding air combat between the allied and the soviets? It did happen in the later part of the war.
oderint dum metuant
steel
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland, Helsinki

Post by steel »

I didnt no that allied fight vs Soviet.


I want to no that sources too !


Steel :eek:
Nemesis
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Järvenpää, Finland

Post by Nemesis »

There were cases of mistaked identity. Pilots mistakenly thought that soviet/allied aircraft were german and attacked them. Someone mentioned of a aircombat between american P-51's and a soviet ace that was escorting a damaged B17.
oderint dum metuant
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”