6.1 Bug ?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
gators
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 16, 2001 8:00 am

6.1 Bug ?

Post by gators »

I was playing a random map as the Japanese vs. a US Army amphib assault. On op fire when units in the next hex were targeted the units fired on the farthest boat that was in range. I don't have a save. Any help?
"It ain't the gun, Sonny. It's the operator" Bob the Nailer
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

What game mode were you in?
gators
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 16, 2001 8:00 am

Post by gators »

I'm not sure of what you mean. I was playing solitaire. It was during the AI turn while op fire was cycling.
"It ain't the gun, Sonny. It's the operator" Bob the Nailer
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

I no this has been seen in "timed" play" but not to my knowledge in "solitataire" play. It is generally casued by online latency corrupting data, though I suppose a HArd drive or memory error could cause the same thing, or some other program working in the background like an anitvirus utility or defragger?
gators
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 16, 2001 8:00 am

Post by gators »

So you think Norton is the culprit? Paul it wasn't a gamebreaker or anything. The reason I reported is that you seemed interested in having these things reported; as you fellows are always making improvements. I appreciate it. :cool:
"It ain't the gun, Sonny. It's the operator" Bob the Nailer
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

Originally posted by freyburg:
So you think Norton is the culprit?
I don't know about anyone else, but I won't let Norton on my computer. It gets into EVERYTHING, and for me caused more problems than it ever helped.
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

We are working to tighten out the memory management - it couldjust be that the game for some reason lost track, but that is usually do ti windows (or a windows app - could SPWaW in some cases..don't know)) being sloppy with memory.
rich12545
Posts: 1051
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Palouse, WA

Post by rich12545 »

Originally posted by Warrior:


I don't know about anyone else, but I won't let Norton on my computer. It gets into EVERYTHING, and for me caused more problems than it ever helped.
I have Norton but won't let it run in the background. I like the different features and run them periiodically.
deggo
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Contact:

Post by deggo »

Maybe it's what happens to me sometimes. I think I'm firing at a nearby unit that was previously targeted but it really targets a farther unit that has just moved.
This is usually caused by me not paying close enough attention. Also if I zoomed out to get a wider view it wouldn't happen as easily.
Scott
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”