Problems With SP:WAW

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
Matt R
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 10:00 am
Location: TX

Problems With SP:WAW

Post by Matt R »

Hello gentlemen-

I apologize if this has come up before but I will rephrase it.

I cannot run SP:WAW because of the dreaded vid998.smk problem. The file vid998.smk is in my snd\stream folder. But the program always says it cannot find it.

I appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks,
Matt Reeves.
"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'
Fabio Prado
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 8:00 am
Contact:

Post by Fabio Prado »

It seems like you'll have to download the vid998.smk file and copy it manually to your C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\SND\stream folder.

You can download the vid998.smk file from:
Matrix Games FTP Server

Games Domain FTP Server

and from
Cirrus Website

Hope this helps,

Fab
Image
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

Also run scandisk on your drive and defrag it, its a big file and if you have "lost clusters" breaking it up, it could have become corrupted.

Good disk hygiene will solve lots of troubles ;)
User avatar
Matt R
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 10:00 am
Location: TX

Post by Matt R »

Hello Fabian-
I have to ask, why do I need to download it if I already have the file?

Howdy Paul-
Did what you said, to no avail :(

Is there anything else that can be done?
"An army without a leader.. is like a foot without a big toe..."

Bill Murray
'Stripes'
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

Originally posted by Matt R:
I have to ask, why do I need to download it if I already have the file.
It would seem the file is corrupted.
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
Slind
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 25, 2001 8:00 am
Location: SLN, Finland
Contact:

Post by Slind »

Yeah, there's something wrong w/ the game file it self. I also had to dl the video separately and I remember I wasn't the only one.
A world without armies
may one day exist.
A nation without an army
will one day not exist.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”