If you want to know about SPWAW 7.0...

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Fabio Prado
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 8:00 am
Contact:

If you want to know about SPWAW 7.0...

Post by Fabio Prado »

Take a look at The ARMOR Site!
And see what is coming your way really soon! :D

The ARMOR Site's SPWAW NEWS Page!


Enjoy! ;)

Fab
Image
User avatar
Krec
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2001 10:00 am
Location: SF Bay Area
Contact:

Post by Krec »

You Guys are too much!! Everytime I sign on there is a new upgrade......thats what i call dedication. More Gaming companies should take a look at Matrix. You Guys actually support your products .....what a concept!! thanks so much , it makes gaming a pleasure and keeps my faith in humanity alive!! :D :D :D
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

Image
lnp4668
Posts: 493
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Arlington, TX, USA
Contact:

Post by lnp4668 »

Cools :cool: I stop playing the long WW2 campaign because the AI becomes a pushover. Now there will be a possiblity of a long campaign again.
"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators."

Les Miserables
Gen. Maczek
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Tychy, Poland

Post by Gen. Maczek »

Hoorah! No more dumb AI !
Thanks and Regards.
Gen. Maczek
User avatar
Resisti
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Livorno, Italy

Post by Resisti »

Any idea how big the download will be ?
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
helm123
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Manassas, Va

Post by helm123 »

Been playing Steel Panthers since the first one hit the shelves in the local software store. Cant remember the full name but even played the first two games that were kinda the parents of Steel Panthers on the old Commodore 64. Think the name was Typhoon something. One was for the European theather and the other was the Pacific.

Well To get down to it what I think we really need is a building that is multi leveled.
David boutwell
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun May 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Haymarket, Virginia, USA

Post by David boutwell »

Hey, Mike!

Finally another active Steel Panthers player from my neck of the woods!

David Boutwell
Bull Run Mountain (Haymarket, VA)
SAMWolf
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Oregon, USA

Post by SAMWolf »

Originally posted by Mike Helmick:
Been playing Steel Panthers since the first one hit the shelves in the local software store. Cant remember the full name but even played the first two games that were kinda the parents of Steel Panthers on the old Commodore 64. Think the name was Typhoon something. One was for the European theather and the other was the Pacific.

Well To get down to it what I think we really need is a building that is multi leveled.
Panzer Strike and Typhoon of Steel by SSI.
I had then on my Apple II+.
RolandRahn_MatrixForum
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Beloit, USA

Post by RolandRahn_MatrixForum »

Originally posted by SAMWolf:


Panzer Strike and Typhoon of Steel by SSI.
I had then on my Apple II+.
Yes! Typhoon of Steel was great.....
Also I remember playing the Iwo Jima scenario was a little frustrating....
One turn represented something like one or two minutes or so and it took 30 minutes on my old C64...

But the first game in this line was, as far as I know, Kampfgruppe by Gary Grisby (WWII, Germans vs. Soviets). This was followed by Battle group (WWII, US. vs. Germans), Mech Brigade (Nato vs. Warsaw Pact), Typhoon of Steel (WWII in the Pacific [US. vs. Japanese], in Asia [UK vs Japanese] and ETO [US vs. Germans]; This was the first game of this great series that I played).

Some of these Games can be found at www.theunderdogs.org .....

It's interesting to see such a game today and remember the long, long road from Kampfgruppe to SPWAW......

In this context a big thank you to Gary Grisby and the Matrix.

Kind regards,
Roland
Randy
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Torrance, Calif. USA

Post by Randy »

Fabio, will there be more scenarios added to
version 7.0? Thanks.
Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear
SAMWolf
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Oregon, USA

Post by SAMWolf »

Originally posted by RolandRahn:


Yes! Typhoon of Steel was great.....

Roland
You have to admit that the graphics have definately improved from "Typhoon of Steel" and SPWAW.


Image :D

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: SAMWolf ]
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Regarding Underdogs

Great site, but a lot of games in there are faulty in some manner. I downloaded a few I wanted but to date was only able to get one to work.

Fortunately it was the main game I wanted.

I got a copy of the game Allied General (my computer wasnt able to run it when it was marketed), just wish software was marketable like boxed board wargames long after initial release.
Alas the software for Fantasy General, and Pacific General were faulty in some way (yes I tried more than one download).
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

I remember playing "The Perfect General" endlessly. Lots of fun, many of the scenarios came down to the last turn in a make-it-or-break-it mode.

Somehow that graphic Sam posted looks like embroidery on my monitor. I guess that despite all the system problems we really HAVE come a long way, baby.

There are even a couple new flight sims on the way. Has anyone seen the new Harpoon yet?

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
User avatar
DoubleDeuce
Posts: 1236
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Crossville, TN
Contact:

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Originally posted by Bing:
Somehow that graphic Sam posted looks like embroidery on my monitor.
Bing
Its not the monitor. Thats just the graphics! :eek: Image that on and 14 inch monitor!

Ahhh! Ancient history.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”