How to get the Maus????

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
mhagen99
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Miami, Fl

How to get the Maus????

Post by mhagen99 »

I have not been able to get the Maus to show up in
Selection list for Armor when playing the Germans..either in a battle or a straight edit.. I have set the calendar correct..encyclopedia shaows availability from 1/46 to 1949..I have looked under Heavy Panzers and have only see TigerE and
Koinigstiger...not under JagdPanzers either. Using ver 5.01..is that the problem??? Helphelp.
Larry Holt
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Atlanta, GA 30068

Post by Larry Holt »

I don't think it shows up in generated battles but only in the editor. Go into the editor, set the date after the Maus is available then go to buy German forces. You should see it.
Never take counsel of your fears.
RolandRahn_MatrixForum
Posts: 433
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Beloit, USA

Post by RolandRahn_MatrixForum »

Originally posted by hags:
I have not been able to get the Maus to show up in
Selection list for Armor when playing the Germans..either in a battle or a straight edit.. I have set the calendar correct..encyclopedia shaows availability from 1/46 to 1949..I have looked under Heavy Panzers and have only see TigerE and
Koinigstiger...not under JagdPanzers either. Using ver 5.01..is that the problem??? Helphelp.

You can, as far as I know, use the Maus only when creating a scenario. You buy something and change it to the Maus.
It should also work with campaigns (After the first scenario in 1946 you should be able to change your units to the Maus...), but I have so far not tried it.

Kind regards,
Roland
mhagen99
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Miami, Fl

Post by mhagen99 »

Gotit! A kindly SPWAW vet told me how:
Using the OOB Editor, you create a new formation, such as "Gigantic Tanks" or some such fool name and add the unit Maus to it...It is then available to add to scenarios, battles etc.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”