Factory totals on Strategic Map look wrong

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
marc420
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 2:36 am
Location: Terrapin Station

Factory totals on Strategic Map look wrong

Post by marc420 »

This is from my current game against the AI. I've been looking at the strategic map screen to see my total number of factories. But when I look closer, the numbers don't add up.

If I look at the actual factories in various areas, I total up
Germany=33
Italy=8
Rumania=3
Vichy=2
Captured=4

For a total of 50. This strategic map screen says 38, with 43 resources. When I look at Japan, I see similar problems. From the map I see Japan with

Tokyo=5 factories x 3 =15
Kyushu=2 factories x 3 =6
Manchuria =1 factory x 3 =3

For a total of 24. The strategic map says 16. The strategic map says I've got 54 factories total, while my manual count says I'm at 74.

I'd like to do two things from this screen, but the numbers don't look right. For one I'd like to judge whether I'm short on factories or resources so I know which should get priority on repairs. Second, I'd like to know how close I am to the auto-victory mark of 70 production points. The 54 this screen is misleading. Turns out I'm over 70 factories, but I'm short on German resources.

Image
Attachments
GGWAWstratwar.jpg
GGWAWstratwar.jpg (65.31 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism. ~George Washington
Big Lou
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:47 pm

RE: Factory totals on Strategic Map look wrong

Post by Big Lou »

I believe the number that the computer is showing you is the number of factories with linked resources. This is important for the magic number 70 for the axis auto victory. Japan for example may have 24 factories but they frequently only have 16 or 17 linked resource centers. In this case you only get credit for the 16 or 17 that you can actually "fuel up" with resources that you own (also note: free trade doesnt count toward this).

Clear as mud?
Big Lou
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Factory totals on Strategic Map look wrong

Post by Joel Billings »

ORIGINAL: Big Lou

I believe the number that the computer is showing you is the number of factories with linked resources. This is important for the magic number 70 for the axis auto victory. Japan for example may have 24 factories but they frequently only have 16 or 17 linked resource centers. In this case you only get credit for the 16 or 17 that you can actually "fuel up" with resources that you own (also note: free trade doesnt count toward this).

Clear as mud?

Bingo
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”