More "Game Crashes"

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
Canuck12ca
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 2:49 am

More "Game Crashes"

Post by Canuck12ca »

I'm having the same problem with the game crashing before completing one turn, similar to many other previous posts. I've been reading the forum for a while and tried the suggestions so far. I've made sure that I have the latest sound and video drivers. I'm running in windowed, low detail mode with non-player animation turned off. Still have the same problem. Any more ideas?

Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(51.65 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
User avatar
Marc von Martial
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany
Contact:

RE: More "Game Crashes"

Post by Marc von Martial »

Hi, the "C-Media Wave Device" appears to be an on-board sound chip device. Please turn it off in the BIOS (your motherboard manual will tell you how) running a sound card and an on-board sound chip at the same time is known for causing errors.
Canuck12ca
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 2:49 am

RE: More "Game Crashes"

Post by Canuck12ca »

I disabled the onboard sound. Same problem. I've noticed that the game crashes with the music looping. I removed the music files from the sound folder. No music, which is fine, but the game still halts with sound looping so, I put the music files back. Instead of ending the program with task manager, I waited and I get the "Windows has encountered a problem" pop up box. I've attached the file that this error generates in case that might help.
Attachments
appcompat.txt
(6.52 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Canuck12ca
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 2:49 am

RE: More "Game Crashes"

Post by Canuck12ca »

Also, here's the new dxdiag file (ie: with the c-media device disabled)
Attachments
DxDiag2.txt
(48.81 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
User avatar
Tac2i
Posts: 2083
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:57 pm
Location: WV USA

RE: More "Game Crashes"

Post by Tac2i »

I'm no technical expert by any means but a review of the file you attached seems to indicate some sort of conflict with a product on your PC named "AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Professional Edition" and/or "Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher." These may be programs/drivers for the built in audio hardware.
ORIGINAL: Canuck12ca

Also, here's the new dxdiag file (ie: with the c-media device disabled)
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: More "Game Crashes"

Post by Joel Billings »

I'm pretty sure that Matrix has previously identified Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher as software that does in fact cause problems with GGWaW.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Canuck12ca
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 2:49 am

RE: More "Game Crashes"

Post by Canuck12ca »

I've uninstalled a codec pack that included the Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher and have made it through about 5 turns. So far so good. Thanks everyone!
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”