Chinese production after retaking Changsha?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
User avatar
Grotius
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: The Imperial Palace.

Chinese production after retaking Changsha?

Post by Grotius »

Hiya 2by3 and Matrix,

In my current PBEM game, the Japanese player took Changsha in 1940, and my Chinese production immediately kicked in once a turn as it's supposed to. But I booted the Japanese out of Changsha shortly thereafter, which was two or three turns ago, and I haven't seen any Chinese production since. The factory field always says zero even though I have several operative factories. I had the impression that I'd get production every turn regardless of whether I retook Changsha. Not the case?

On a related question: I repaired the RR in Changsha and strat-moved my destroyed ("red") factory there to Chungking. Upon its arrival at Chungking, it had actually improved to "yellow." Is this working as intended?

I have a save available if need be.
Image
User avatar
Uncle_Joe
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:15 pm

RE: Chinese production after retaking Changsha?

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Repairing moving factory while moving is a known bug. I believe the intended effect is that a damaged factory cannot move.

I'm not sure on the Chinese production fluctuation, but I read it the same way...once a Japanese ground unit attacks an inland province, China should get 'normal' production. I'm sure they'll want to see the save so be sure not to over-write it.
User avatar
Grotius
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: The Imperial Palace.

RE: Chinese production after retaking Changsha?

Post by Grotius »

OK, holding a save in case anyone wants it.
Image
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Chinese production after retaking Changsha?

Post by Joel Billings »

Chinese production drop. Bug or feature? Survey says...... Bug! We'll add it to our list. I doubt a save will be useful at this point unless you have one just before the Chinese retake the last inland province. If you have that, go ahead and send it in just in case. Send it to mauriceb@matrixgames.com. Thanks.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
User avatar
Grotius
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: The Imperial Palace.

RE: Chinese production after retaking Changsha?

Post by Grotius »

Hmm, I actually probably do have such a save; I keep all the incoming saves. My PBEM partners and I routinely increment the save game so that we have copies of everything.

I'll try to dig it out after work tonight.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”