Soviet Light fleet disappeared

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Post Reply
Drax Kramer
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:42 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Soviet Light fleet disappeared

Post by Drax Kramer »

I started the 1943 scenario as Soviets. I sent my Baltic Fleet to the Gulf of Finland. I sunk a German convoy and had my destroyer damaged. After the battle, German destroyers and my submarine remained in the Gulf.

When I advanced to the production phase to check how long the repairs will take, I found no destroyer, like it somehow failed to reach the safety of the port in Leningrad.

What has happened?


Drax
User avatar
Joel Billings
Posts: 33775
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

RE: Soviet Light fleet disappeared

Post by Joel Billings »

I can't say from the info you have given. Sounds like it should have returned to Leningrad factory. Do you have a save before this happened?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
von_Schmidt
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:34 pm

RE: Soviet Light fleet disappeared

Post by von_Schmidt »

Same situation here: SOV 43 scen, against AI, sallied forth with LF, sub and HF from Leningrad.
LF and HF got damaged - did not show up in the production queue.

No savegame - sorry (wiped them all after the game to save space).

Could it be that since a German fleet survived (with my sub in the ame space) and there is no friendly sea zone (only the port) to retreat into, the game concluded there was no line to the factory?
Drax Kramer
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:42 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

RE: Soviet Light fleet disappeared

Post by Drax Kramer »

Could it be that since a German fleet survived (with my sub in the ame space) and there is no friendly sea zone (only the port) to retreat into, the game concluded there was no line to the factory?

I've sent several save files to 2by3. My original issue was same as yours. Soviets lost the battle, undamaged battleship returned to Leningrad, damaged destroyer vanished, undamaged submarine remained alongside two German destroyers in the Gulf of Finland.

When I tried to recreate the event, Soviets won the battle and their damaged destroyer safely limped back to Leningrad.


Drax
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support”