More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
User avatar
TommyG
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:51 am
Location: Irvine Ca
Contact:

More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Post by TommyG »

I have none of the three combat reports in either of the two PBEM games where I am the Japanese. The little boxes at the top of the map screen are blacked out for operations, sightings and combat. If I click on any of them I get nothing. I downloaded to 1.60 between turns, than ran and sent turn in 1.60. Allied player is not having any problems, and I am not having this problem in my allied games. I've run three turns and redownloaded the patch and it is not correcting. Any advise anyone?
Sonny
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:51 pm

RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Post by Sonny »

Go to the options screen (upper left - looks like a piece of paper). One of the options is combat animations. Another is combat reports.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
User avatar
TommyG
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:51 am
Location: Irvine Ca
Contact:

RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Post by TommyG »

I must not be communicating. Animation and summaries are not my problem. My problem is the complete absence of the signal intel, operations report, and Combat report. I have three blank boxes. In one of his posts, Eric stated that the empty boxes problem clears after two turns. I've run three turns thru so far and it has not gone away.
User avatar
Mr.Frag
Posts: 11195
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Purgatory

RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Post by Mr.Frag »

The Combat Reports option is likely to be turned off. Do not confuse this toggle with the Combat Operational Reports.

With it off, no reports are ever written and the options vanish from the bar.

It is the top toggle on the Game Options screen.

Other possibility : if you are XP, did you install the patch as the same user? It is possible the files can not be written due to permissions on the SAVE directory.
User avatar
Sinjen
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Post by Sinjen »

I'm having the same problem. I'm also not getting combat animations and I have them all turned on.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Post by Erik Rutins »

Did you read through and follow the various FAQs? If not, please do - they should resolve this for you. This is just part of the conversion process.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
TommyG
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:51 am
Location: Irvine Ca
Contact:

RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Post by TommyG »

Okay got it. Muchas gratias
User avatar
ChezDaJez
Posts: 3293
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:08 am
Location: Chehalis, WA

RE: More 1.60 Combat reports\replay type problems

Post by ChezDaJez »

I had the same problem when I updated to 1.6.

No combat reports or sigint regardless of the settings selected in either solo or PBEM game. Had to update the database through the ingame preferences menu. As soon as I did this I got the combat reports and sigints again.

Chez
Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”