We're with you...

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

We're with you...

Post by Erik Rutins »

Just wanted to extend my condolences and also offer encouragement to the folks in London and the UK. Londoners have been through a lot in the past century and you'll get through this as well.

Best Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
IainMcNeil
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:01 am
Location: London
Contact:

RE: We're with you...

Post by IainMcNeil »

No doubt about it. People here are angry, but its very calm and controlled. Obviously initially there was panic when the bombs went off, but the emergency services were in control very quickly. Buses are strting to run again, thought he underground is still shut.

33 confirmed dead, though that doesn't include the bus bomb which by all accounts is a mess. Over 300 injured to varying degrees, but a significant number of serious injuries.

Phone networks have been down because priority has been given to the emergency services & I also heard to avoid bombs being detonated remotely.

It's very upsetting, but I am very proud of the way we pull together when the going gets tough. I only hope we can continue to pull together in the aftermath and not start to pick on parts of the community such as arabs & muslims.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
User avatar
Sarge
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:46 am
Location: ask doggie

RE: We're with you...

Post by Sarge »

My thoughts and prayers
User avatar
RBWhite
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: Somerdale, New Jersey, USA

RE: We're with you...

Post by RBWhite »

I also extend my deepest condolences.

GUNG HO! (these two words have meaning.)


Rick White
John III
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:52 pm
Location: La Salle, CO

RE: We're with you...

Post by John III »

The 'Special Relationship' begun under Roosevelt and Churchill is alive today with Bush and Blair. Great Britain--the United States stands with you as you have stood with us!

Good Thoughts and God Bless.
User avatar
oi_you_nutter
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: from Bristle now living in Kalifornia

RE: We're with you...

Post by oi_you_nutter »

our thoughts are with you Londoners


ugh
User avatar
parusski
Posts: 4789
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Jackson Tn
Contact:

RE: We're with you...

Post by parusski »

May GOD bless those in the U.K.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
User avatar
DamoclesX
Posts: 872
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:50 pm
Location: Canada

RE: We're with you...

Post by DamoclesX »

I cant express my anger enough at these fanatics...

So instead I send my best to the familys of thos involved and england as a whole.
Jason Blaz
Way to much to list here!
User avatar
Graymane
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:21 pm
Location: Bellevue, NE

RE: We're with you...

Post by Graymane »

well, my wife and family are in London and i can't get through to talk to them. They've blocked all cell phones.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
User avatar
Tankerace
Posts: 5408
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:23 pm
Location: Stillwater, OK, United States

RE: We're with you...

Post by Tankerace »

I think it speaks well of Londoners, and in fact the British people as a whole, in that their courage is apparant, and they are steadfast in their resolve. My thoughts and prayers are with you all!
Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: We're with you...

Post by wodin »

Though Im in Liverpool, us british are used to terrorist attacks. I grew up in an era of constant threat from the IRA.

So we have more experience of this than say the US. Though the US has suffered far more in one attack than we ever have.

My thoughts are with the families and those who have been injured.
Poopyhead
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:42 pm

RE: We're with you...

Post by Poopyhead »

When President Kennedy looked at the Berlin Wall and exclaimed "Ich bin ein Berliner", he expressed the determination that all free people in the world were united in that city's stand against the threat of oppression. Today, we are all citizens of London. Those who built the Berlin Wall failed, as will those who use terror.
Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.
User avatar
oi_you_nutter
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: from Bristle now living in Kalifornia

RE: We're with you...

Post by oi_you_nutter »

ORIGINAL: Graymane

well, my wife and family are in London and i can't get through to talk to them. They've blocked all cell phones.

we all hope that your family are okay and you are reunited soon.
chin up mate
ugh
IronDuke_slith
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

RE: We're with you...

Post by IronDuke_slith »

ORIGINAL: oi_you_nutter
ORIGINAL: Graymane

well, my wife and family are in London and i can't get through to talk to them. They've blocked all cell phones.

we all hope that your family are okay and you are reunited soon.
chin up mate

I'll heartily second this.

Where abouts are you? Are you in GB or North America? If the latter, is there a landline near them that you know of? I, or one of the Brits on this board, could try it on your behalf if the situation persists.

Regards,
IronDuke
User avatar
hondo1375
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:02 am
Location: London, UK

RE: We're with you...

Post by hondo1375 »


Just to update you guys. I live about a 10 minute walk from the bus wreck and about 15 min walk from Kings Cross. As of about 8pm this evening things were starting to feel pretty much back to normal already. Sure the Tube is shut, but some trains were starting to run out of Kings Cross. There were also a number of mainline trains and buses running this afternoon.

There were quite a lot of people still walking home from work at about 8pm, but everyone seemed very calm and relaxed. I think Londoners expect bombs to go off every now and again, whether via Zepplin, He-111, IRA van, psycho nail-bomber or whatever. They come, they go. London keeps on keeping on.

There must be a few dozen police at the bus wreck still - they're doing a big CSI job I think.

I walked past one of the A&E departments of a nearby hospital, and there were quite a lot of people hanging round - friends and relatives I guess. Everyone was getting searched by security at the front door. But all seemed pretty calm there too.

All in all, everything seems OK. My heart goes out to the victims and their families - I had friends and family travelling through some of those stations this morning, and I can only imagine what it must be like to make one of those "you OK?" calls and find out they aren't.

Anyway, thanks for the words of support - much appreciated.

Hondo

First wargame: Jedko's 1st edition "The Russian Campaign". First computer wargame: don't remember the name, but it was on punch cards.
User avatar
hondo1375
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:02 am
Location: London, UK

RE: We're with you...

Post by hondo1375 »


@Graymane. The network has been overloaded all day. I'm in London so let me know if I can help in any way.
First wargame: Jedko's 1st edition "The Russian Campaign". First computer wargame: don't remember the name, but it was on punch cards.
benpark
Posts: 3073
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:48 pm

RE: We're with you...

Post by benpark »

All my sympathy to those in Great Britain.
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
IronDuke_slith
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Manchester, UK

RE: We're with you...

Post by IronDuke_slith »

ORIGINAL: hondo1375


Just to update you guys. I live about a 10 minute walk from the bus wreck and about 15 min walk from Kings Cross. As of about 8pm this evening things were starting to feel pretty much back to normal already. Sure the Tube is shut, but some trains were starting to run out of Kings Cross. There were also a number of mainline trains and buses running this afternoon.

There were quite a lot of people still walking home from work at about 8pm, but everyone seemed very calm and relaxed. I think Londoners expect bombs to go off every now and again, whether via Zepplin, He-111, IRA van, psycho nail-bomber or whatever. They come, they go. London keeps on keeping on.

There must be a few dozen police at the bus wreck still - they're doing a big CSI job I think.

I walked past one of the A&E departments of a nearby hospital, and there were quite a lot of people hanging round - friends and relatives I guess. Everyone was getting searched by security at the front door. But all seemed pretty calm there too.

All in all, everything seems OK. My heart goes out to the victims and their families - I had friends and family travelling through some of those stations this morning, and I can only imagine what it must be like to make one of those "you OK?" calls and find out they aren't.

Anyway, thanks for the words of support - much appreciated.

Hondo


FWIW

As a proud Northerner, I've been immensely proud of the way our Southern Capital has conducted itself all day. To watch the emergency services react so professionally and expertly, to watch the people react without panic, and to watch the City get control of a terrible situation so quickly, has been heartening and confirmation of what a great place it is.

Respect and regards,
IronDuke
User avatar
sol_invictus
Posts: 1962
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Kentucky

RE: We're with you...

Post by sol_invictus »

There will always be an England! As will the special relationship between our two great nations.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

RE: We're with you...

Post by Alby »

yes afterall...
We and the Brits are just 2 peoples seperated by a common language!! [:D]

Image
Attachments
gbflag1s.gif
gbflag1s.gif (14.76 KiB) Viewed 383 times

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”