Harpoon from Matrix?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Post Reply
ydejin
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:11 pm

Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by ydejin »

I found a webpage reporting that Matrix Games is working on updating Harpoon in conjunction with Advanced Gaming System, and that a Matrix published Harpoon Classic 2005 Commander's Edition is scheduled for release this fall.

I haven't seen anything on this on Matrix's pages, just on the Advanced Gaming System page. Is this still on? I would be very excited to see Matrix get involved in updating Harpoon.

http://www.advancedgaming.biz/index.php?cevent=page.view&id=43
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, you'll see something soon - most likely within the next 2 weeks on this.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
ydejin
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:11 pm

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by ydejin »

Excellent!
User avatar
watchtower
Posts: 845
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Republic of Kilburn. London UK

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by watchtower »

This could be very cool.

Matrix & Harpoon = nice

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Image

User avatar
Pippin
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:54 pm

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by Pippin »

Very interesting...
Nelson stood on deck and observed as the last of the Spanish fleets sank below the waves…
Image
User avatar
RedMike
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 11:33 pm
Location: Alaska

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by RedMike »

mmmmm.

:)

RedMike OUT
Hannibal ad portas
Hartford688
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by Hartford688 »

Any rumours as to whether this will be the existing HIII with the long awaited MP development...or if there will be other changes to interface and suchlike?

Just wondering as I already have HIII, more interested in solitaire - so wondering if this is really going to add anything?

Good that it will get an even wider audience though.
User avatar
hermanhum
Posts: 2209
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:48 am
Contact:

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by hermanhum »

From what I have seen and heard, it doesn't look like there will be many changes in the interface. Looks like they are primarily focused on squashing bugs. I hope that they get the ones that have been around since Harpoon 2.

Since you already own H3, why don't you take the Beta release out for a test drive, yourself? You can get the Beta version here. You can also check out the bugs that they have been squashing

http://mantis.advancedgaming.biz
Username: guest Password: guest

One thing that I did notice is that there are changes to the Victory Conditions, but that is more of a concern for Scen Designers than for players. I haven't been following the Beta testing. The last I heard, they were concentrating on getting the MP functional and weren't looking too hard at the SP. However, I could be off the mark on that.
Hartford688
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Post by Hartford688 »

Thanks!
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”