Can't run game

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: puresimmer

Post Reply
alancsilver
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Madison, WI

Can't run game

Post by alancsilver »

Hi Shaun:

Just installed the new Gold version (free upgrade from 2005 Thanks!)

The program installed successfully. When I click on the desktop shortcut, the splash screen for Puresim 2005 Gold Edition comes up.

But when I try to select one of the items, I received a fatal error.
AutoPlay Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. This error box asks me to send an error report to Micro$oft. in this error message box I selected an option to see what data the error report contains. and that says....
AppName: autorun.exe
AppVer: 5.0.4.0
ModName: autorun.exe
ModVer: 5.0.4.0
Offset: 000f16dd

There is also a huge error report file I can send to you post if you are really interested.

My system in question is a dual boot (linux and xp). Running latest patches for XP

I have rebooted my system twice after I installed the Gold version, but I still get this same error.

Thanks in advance for the help

alan
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39786
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Can't run game

Post by Erik Rutins »

If you use the Quick Start link from the PureSim start folder, does that work or generate another error?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
alancsilver
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:43 am
Location: Madison, WI

RE: Can't run game

Post by alancsilver »

Erik:

The game does indeed run just dandy when I use the quick start link.

Thanks for the very quick help [:)]

alan
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”