Tulgai Offensive

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Bradock78436
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Tulgai Offensive

Post by Bradock78436 »

I just started playing these missions.. I haven't been able to beat the first one so far.. I bought the recommended troops. Two companies of raiders and a platoon of engineers I believe is what it was. WHen I went to support I bought as many amphibious landing craft as possible. 7 or 8, was able to transport about half my units.. Plus sniper(?) immobilized two and eventually destroyed them.. How does a sniper rifle stop an APC? Anyways, it was rough, I landed half on each side, and drove them straight across the middle taking all 5 VP's.. I lost, 1000 points to the japs having over 8000. Now are there other VP's I missed?
RUsco
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Grand Rapids,MI USA
Contact:

Post by RUsco »

You need to land in the center and attack to the top. One of the VH has Points Per turn.

Go to

www.fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm

for a patch I released fixing pricing changes.

Look under the Downloads section.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: RUsco ]</p>
Bradock78436
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by Bradock78436 »

Yeah, left side VP they control from start seems to be the most valuable. 4250 total at end of battle... So I loaded up and went after it first turn. Takes 4-5, turns to even get there.. Land on the beach and start taking fire from inf. Now I had lost one or two vehicles to sniper fire.. Landed there started fighting them. Gave them everything I could and couldn't eliminate them in enough time. Mission ended.
john g
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:00 am
Location: college station, tx usa

Post by john g »

Originally posted by Bradock78436:
Yeah, left side VP they control from start seems to be the most valuable. 4250 total at end of battle... So I loaded up and went after it first turn. Takes 4-5, turns to even get there.. Land on the beach and start taking fire from inf. Now I had lost one or two vehicles to sniper fire.. Landed there started fighting them. Gave them everything I could and couldn't eliminate them in enough time. Mission ended.
Be sure to move the ship around to where you are going to land to lend fire support, and dump the offboard arty there as well.

If playing as raiders is too difficult, you can try what I did back when playing v4. Buy a marine para company and use the nation button to buy army air transport with your support points. You can then airdrop right on the vic hexes and do an imitation of Crete as you try to survive the fire on your drop zone. I had an easy decisive playing it that way, and have never gotten more than a marginal in the first battle playing with raiders.

In the Pacific theater there was very little use of airborne infantry, here is an example of where they could have been used.
thanks, John.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”