Another v 1.8 Question

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
hbrsvl
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:29 am

Another v 1.8 Question

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-I have A. Brown's map installed for v 1.6. Can I DL v1.8 to this game? Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
User avatar
Sardaukar
Posts: 12864
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Finland/Israel

RE: Another v 1.8 Question

Post by Sardaukar »

Yes. You may lose some of the CHS art, tho (like plane sides etc. I think). If in doubt, save a backup of Art folder.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Image
User avatar
Don Bowen
Posts: 5192
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA

RE: Another v 1.8 Question

Post by Don Bowen »


If you want to retain artwork and scenarios (and do not care about stock scenarios) I would suggest the incremental patch. Smaller, easier to download, and changes ONLY the game executable - no art or scenario data.

hbrsvl
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:29 am

RE: Another v 1.8 Question

Post by hbrsvl »

Don- If I DL the incremental patch & then decide to do the 75mb DL -is that possible? Thanks, HB
hbrsvl
User avatar
Don Bowen
Posts: 5192
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA

RE: Another v 1.8 Question

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Don- If I DL the incremental patch & then decide to do the 75mb DL -is that possible? Thanks, HB

Sure. The upgrades replace the game executable and various other files. Running two versions of the 1.8 upgrade would just replace the same file(s) over again.



Marineatsea
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:00 pm

RE: Another v 1.8 Question

Post by Marineatsea »

Don, I upgraded from the 1.795 beta to 1.8. I had a saved game from a custom scenario and last night all the Aircraft pools zeroed out. Is this a new bug? Should I scrap the saved game and just start the custom scenario all over? Your thoughts?


Thanks
User avatar
Don Bowen
Posts: 5192
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA

RE: Another v 1.8 Question

Post by Don Bowen »

ORIGINAL: Marineatsea

Don, I upgraded from the 1.795 beta to 1.8. I had a saved game from a custom scenario and last night all the Aircraft pools zeroed out. Is this a new bug? Should I scrap the saved game and just start the custom scenario all over? Your thoughts?


Thanks


We have no reports of any problems with aircraft pools and none of the changes were in that area. I did the same upgrade (1.795 to 1.8 using incremental) with no problem. If you have a "before" save game, let me know using PM.

Don

Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”