CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
sermil
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Post by sermil »

I'm not sure there's any support for all these different mods, I guess I should have stuck with the official scenarios. Anyways here it is: I'm playing a May 42 scenario with CHS and there are a few flaws in the database, but besides that I've been in the situation of the the embedded picture for two days, I have six carrier TFs near Lunga and the Jap KB is 120 miles away. All my carriers have reacted at least once but not one aircraft is sent on either side. Is there some rule that prohibits carrier confrontations until a specific date?

Image
Attachments
carrier_battle.jpg
carrier_battle.jpg (140.32 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Sergio
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Post by Ron Saueracker »

I don't think anything anybody has done in a mod impacts issues like this. Most likely the AI exhausted it's sortie total and is too limited to cope with this until the fuel runs low. What are your sortie totals on your CVs?
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Halsey
Posts: 4688
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:44 pm

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Post by Halsey »

This scenario is borked because of faulty LCU assignments and TO&E's.
Among other descrepencies.

You should try scenario 113 from AB, or Nik's mod for the 5/42 start.[;)]

This is a CHS offshoot scenario.
It's not the CHS.[;)]
User avatar
Andrew Brown
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hex 82,170
Contact:

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Post by Andrew Brown »

When I get time, I will contact the person who created the scenario to see whether it can be looked at.

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

Image
sermil
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Post by sermil »

I've tried Nik's mod for '42 but there wasn't any way of getting the correct map layout. It isn't a question of map mod version because the extended map scenario from Andrew Brown's site works very well for me (the one for slot 155 if I recall correctly). I'm trying David Freer's scenario 50 which seems to have a correct database, but I'm not sure how it will handle carrier battles though.
Sergio
Halsey
Posts: 4688
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:44 pm

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Post by Halsey »

Maybe they got the Japanese LCU TO&E's correct.[;)]
There are quite a few Allied LCU's that are messed up with improper organizations.
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Why bother working on these? I'd like to see the major mods lioke CHS be made official, if only to showcase the research the guys did. As for major gameplay mods that try to address design flaws, I'd rather see them fix the problems than make sideshow fixes official.
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”