SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Moderator: MOD_SPWaW
SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Look for this download on July 4th at
The SPWAW Depot
Changes for version 2
New Roads and Railways Graphics, New Russian Vehicle Icons.
a few more sounds, picture files, and Encyclopedia files also included.
Snipers hopefully will be slightly more effective now, but their price is a little higher as well.
overstocked artillery units have had a price increase.
all FO units have had a price increase.
On board Nebelwerfers slight price increase.
fixed alot of units and formations that were not showing up in buy menu for one reason or another.
fixed some units displaying wrong Icons.
Made one or two ratings changes in early war years.
fixed some formation errors (wrong units showing up or not showing up etc etc....in some of the oobs.
a new formation has been added here and there.
also some formations have been reorganized to better reflect their actual structure.
other things....
Czech OOB cleaned up as best as possible for now by Major Destruction.
Attempted to move all the German formations to the Misc list but didn't want the Misc list to get too long and run off the page.
Added Forts for the main defence lines in 1938. Some are what if only, many were designed but never built
Seperated all the infantry units so now they are in their own formations. Took plenty of liberties with unit classes to keep certain units seperate but it works.
Also....
Germans may have to use wagons and Gun teams for transporting things in certain years,as opposed to always having trucks and/or Halftracks at the ready.
Same for Russians.
In fact there are some "Mech" formations that have been around forever, that are no longer quite the same...[;)]
you will just have to see for yourself.
No units have been moved or deleted so anything designed with Ver 1 will work with Ver 2
this will be last update for a good long time.
time to move on to some other things.
[:D]
Have fun!
good gaming!
[:)]
The SPWAW Depot
Changes for version 2
New Roads and Railways Graphics, New Russian Vehicle Icons.
a few more sounds, picture files, and Encyclopedia files also included.
Snipers hopefully will be slightly more effective now, but their price is a little higher as well.
overstocked artillery units have had a price increase.
all FO units have had a price increase.
On board Nebelwerfers slight price increase.
fixed alot of units and formations that were not showing up in buy menu for one reason or another.
fixed some units displaying wrong Icons.
Made one or two ratings changes in early war years.
fixed some formation errors (wrong units showing up or not showing up etc etc....in some of the oobs.
a new formation has been added here and there.
also some formations have been reorganized to better reflect their actual structure.
other things....
Czech OOB cleaned up as best as possible for now by Major Destruction.
Attempted to move all the German formations to the Misc list but didn't want the Misc list to get too long and run off the page.
Added Forts for the main defence lines in 1938. Some are what if only, many were designed but never built
Seperated all the infantry units so now they are in their own formations. Took plenty of liberties with unit classes to keep certain units seperate but it works.
Also....
Germans may have to use wagons and Gun teams for transporting things in certain years,as opposed to always having trucks and/or Halftracks at the ready.
Same for Russians.
In fact there are some "Mech" formations that have been around forever, that are no longer quite the same...[;)]
you will just have to see for yourself.
No units have been moved or deleted so anything designed with Ver 1 will work with Ver 2
this will be last update for a good long time.
time to move on to some other things.
[:D]
Have fun!
good gaming!
[:)]
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Hope you are alluding to more horse wagon necessity for those nations.[;)]

RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
[;)]ORIGINAL: m10bob
Hope you are alluding to more horse wagon necessity for those nations.[;)]
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Did you manage to get my flying space tanks in there as well?
SPWAWWiki: http://spwawwiki.eltacodiablos.comRE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Just a reminder
an area solely dedicated to scenarios and campaigns for SPWAW Enhanced.
Some of your old favorites have been, and are being reworked, for SPWAW Enhanced.
Plus designers are posting new ones there as well.
Dutchie has posted a couple new ones and the edited
Heros of the Motherland Campaign now posted.
Enhanced Scenarios and Campaigns
an area solely dedicated to scenarios and campaigns for SPWAW Enhanced.
Some of your old favorites have been, and are being reworked, for SPWAW Enhanced.
Plus designers are posting new ones there as well.
Dutchie has posted a couple new ones and the edited
Heros of the Motherland Campaign now posted.
Enhanced Scenarios and Campaigns
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Just a note. I dont understand the desire to eliminate commands that exsisted. Granted the Germans didnt have every unit truck driven and didnt have a huge force of halftrack troops, BUT they did have them.
As a player why wouldnt I want the best force available IF thats how I want to play? It isnt ahistorical to use these forces. In fact all it is is that you want to use the elite or better equiped forces that DID exsist.
While the Germans had problems finding enough trucks for their military they HAD motorized forces. They may not have had tons of half tracks BUT they had Mechanized forces.
Whats next? Shall we remove tanks from the OOB cause the Nation didnt equip its entire tank corps with them?
As a player why wouldnt I want the best force available IF thats how I want to play? It isnt ahistorical to use these forces. In fact all it is is that you want to use the elite or better equiped forces that DID exsist.
While the Germans had problems finding enough trucks for their military they HAD motorized forces. They may not have had tons of half tracks BUT they had Mechanized forces.
Whats next? Shall we remove tanks from the OOB cause the Nation didnt equip its entire tank corps with them?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
I believe the lack of Halftracks and trucks is during years, such as the early war where the vast majority of the Panzers were light Pzkpfw I and II models. There was also the withdrawl from Russia, and even before, when they were having difficulties keeping their vehicles in running order due to the cold. If you absolutely must have them, buy some "captured" units from other OoBs.
"Wait... Holden was a cat. Suddenly it makes sense."
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
ORIGINAL: Twotribes
Just a note. I dont understand the desire to eliminate commands that exsisted. Granted the Germans didnt have every unit truck driven and didnt have a huge force of halftrack troops, BUT they did have them.
As a player why wouldnt I want the best force available IF thats how I want to play? It isnt ahistorical to use these forces. In fact all it is is that you want to use the elite or better equiped forces that DID exsist.
While the Germans had problems finding enough trucks for their military they HAD motorized forces. They may not have had tons of half tracks BUT they had Mechanized forces.
Whats next? Shall we remove tanks from the OOB cause the Nation didnt equip its entire tank corps with them?
the motorized forces have not been removed,
nor have the halftracks
you are reading too much into what I meant.
[;)]
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
ORIGINAL: Alby
all FO units have had a price increase.
Hmm, my game still says that the cost of a German FO squad is 11 as it was also before or do I remember wrong?
And by the way, mod.ini says that this mod requires version 8.3. Shouldn't it be 8.2?
Big thanks to everyone
!RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Hey, Alby, if the Depot is still having problems, have you thought about getting "Enhanced" hosted over at the Wargamer, too?

RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
well somehow the German FOs got priced wrongORIGINAL: Arto
ORIGINAL: Alby
all FO units have had a price increase.
Hmm, my game still says that the cost of a German FO squad is 11 as it was also before or do I remember wrong?
And by the way, mod.ini says that this mod requires version 8.3. Shouldn't it be 8.2?
Big thanks to everyone!
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
I will have to post a "corrected" mod file.
or maybe just oob 70
as soon as the depot is up again.
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
The 8.2 or 8.3 thing doesnt matter
some people had problems when 8.2 was listed in there for some reason.
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
I wouldn't get upset Alby..I've never seen a "paid for" mod or version get released without something being out of kilter a bit..
I'm grateful for the voluntary work.............
Three kinds of people:
1.Those who make things happen
2.Those who watch things happen
and
3.Those who say "what happened, (and how can we fix it)?"[:D]
I'm grateful for the voluntary work.............
Three kinds of people:
1.Those who make things happen
2.Those who watch things happen
and
3.Those who say "what happened, (and how can we fix it)?"[:D]

RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
ORIGINAL: m10bob
Three kinds of people:
1.Those who make things happen
2.Those who watch things happen
and
3.Those who say "what happened, (and how can we fix it)?"[:D]
I'm probably in category 3 but don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all the hard work Alby and his team has done for us. One more time, big thanks!
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Still aggravates me that those FOs got missed.
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
I had them priced right , then had to re run pricing for something and just missed re pricing them.
plus alot of files were coming in at the last moment, I needed to add.
well this gives me a chance to add 2 reworked shp files anyway.
[:)]
Anyway anyone who got V2 already, there will be a correctd one posted sometime, I hope.
I suspect Enhanced downloads may have something to do with the Depot being down...I hope not though.
[:(]
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
I had them priced right , then had to re run pricing for something and just missed re pricing them.
plus alot of files were coming in at the last moment, I needed to add.
well this gives me a chance to add 2 reworked shp files anyway.
[:)]
Anyway anyone who got V2 already, there will be a correctd one posted sometime, I hope.
I suspect Enhanced downloads may have something to do with the Depot being down...I hope not though.
[:(]
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
ORIGINAL: Alby
The 8.2 or 8.3 thing doesnt matter
some people had problems when 8.2 was listed in there for some reason.
I recently re-installed SPWaW 8.2 so I had this old version on my computer. The modswapper told me that enhanced v2 needs at least version 8.3. I manually changed "8.30" to "8.20" in the mod.ini and that helped (for me). But of course if that 8.2 caused some people troubles then I do understand that it was changed to 8.3.
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
seems with either 8.3 or 8.2 in there, someone is gonna have problemsORIGINAL: Arto
ORIGINAL: Alby
The 8.2 or 8.3 thing doesnt matter
some people had problems when 8.2 was listed in there for some reason.
I recently re-installed SPWaW 8.2 so I had this old version on my computer. The modswapper told me that enhanced v2 needs at least version 8.3. I manually changed "8.30" to "8.20" in the mod.ini and that helped (for me). But of course if that 8.2 caused some people troubles then I do understand that it was changed to 8.3.
ARRRRG
[:(]
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
ORIGINAL: Alby
seems with either 8.3 or 8.2 in there, someone is gonna have problems
ARRRRG
[:(]
In that case you don't have to worry about that. [;)] It's probably the ModSwap itself that causes some people troubles.
EDIT: Actually the ModSwap did work right for me. If mod.ini says "8.30" there's no reason why it should work on 8.20. So you just have to change this "Game Version Required: v8.2-8.xx" in the index page of spwaw.com to "Game Version Required: v8.3-8.xx". But someone smarter should have better advices...
RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
This is why I decided to forgo using Modswapper and just made the Enhanced version my standard play mode (AFTER backing up the original mech.exe). For my purposes, it's fine, and I've had no crashing issues with it.

RE: SPWAW Enhanced Version 2
Had 8.2 in there for V1 and some people said they got messages saying they needed to upgrade to 8.2ORIGINAL: Arto
ORIGINAL: Alby
seems with either 8.3 or 8.2 in there, someone is gonna have problems
ARRRRG
[:(]
In that case you don't have to worry about that. [;)] It's probably the ModSwap itself that causes some people troubles.
EDIT: Actually the ModSwap did work right for me. If mod.ini says "8.30" there's no reason why it should work on 8.20. So you just have to change this "Game Version Required: v8.2-8.xx" in the index page of spwaw.com to "Game Version Required: v8.3-8.xx". But someone smarter should have better advices...
[&:]


