Search found 9012 matches

by thewood1
Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:01 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot
Replies: 65
Views: 4863

Re: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot

Thanks for the update. We were just a little worried about you.
by thewood1
Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:55 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: CMO v1.10 Build 1900.8 (Public Beta)
Replies: 13
Views: 1894

Re: CMO v1.10 Build 1900.8 (Public Beta)

Are people really having a hard time with this concept? There is more than enough context to figure it out.
by thewood1
Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:51 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot
Replies: 65
Views: 4863

Re: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot

Can someone post 1.7? I only got 1.5 before the author dropped out of site.
by thewood1
Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:55 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot
Replies: 65
Views: 4863

Re: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot

I am getting a 404 on the links to the github page when I click on them. I tried all the links throughout the thread.
by thewood1
Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:39 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [1900.18] Submarine Tutorial 2.1 hostile sub can never be detected in the first convergence zone
Replies: 2
Views: 223

Re: [1900.18] Submarine Tutorial 2.1 hostile sub can never be detected in the first convergence zone

IIR correctly, you have to have your sub do a zig-zag pattern as it moves generally north. If you do that it eventually picks up the Han. Its actually how I discovered and later validated that doing so is similar to real life search patterns using passive sonar in sub-to -sub detection.

I'll go ...
by thewood1
Sun Sep 20, 2026 6:52 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [RESOLVED] CMO freezes on Exit after uploading new scenario on Steam
Replies: 10
Views: 573

Re: [RESOLVED] CMO freezes on Exit after uploading new scenario on Steam

I had nothing but issues with it on my home's mesh network. It was constantly interfering with everything. It gets distributed by Intel if you have an Intel wireless card.

btw, it likes to come back periodically during updates.
by thewood1
Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:09 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [RESOLVED] CMO freezes on Exit after uploading new scenario on Steam
Replies: 10
Views: 573

Re: [RESOLVED] CMO freezes on Exit after uploading new scenario on Steam

Thats an app every user should disable day one on a new PC. Its worse than nahimic.
by thewood1
Sat Sep 19, 2026 12:27 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Updated DB image & description packs are available!
Replies: 1127
Views: 247852

Re: Updated DB image & description packs are available!

For shits and giggles...last night I asked ChatGPT to find all DB519 units that do not have descriptions and build them. The rough process:

1) created a directory list of the description folder in CMO.
2) Loaded DB519, the dir list, and a sample of each type of unit.
3) Prompted the AI to give me ...
by thewood1
Sun Sep 13, 2026 7:26 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot
Replies: 65
Views: 4863

Re: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.3.0 — Scenario ORBAT, satellites & ASAT, attributes glossary, DBID search

"Also: per-sensor ring isolation on the coverage diagram; fixed aircraft at multi-facility airbases showing under "Independent" instead of the airfield. (thewood1)"

He likes me...he really likes me!
by thewood1
Sun Sep 13, 2026 3:34 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot
Replies: 65
Views: 4863

Re: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.2.0 ("What's new" changelog showing changes from prev DB)

Boy...the more I play with this the more amazing it seems. Thanks.

One feature request: In the sensor graphical display of a unit, allow clicking on a ring or sensor to isolate or at least highlight that sensor's ring. Maybe a check list of the sensors and checking a box shows that sensor's ring ...
by thewood1
Wed Sep 09, 2026 12:30 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: CMO and AI integration
Replies: 30
Views: 1851

Re: CMO and AI integration

It did it on its own. It found the lua docs on its own. The keys:

Use the AI to build a detailed narrative. It takes a few iterations to lay out the scene and not miss anything.
Use the AI to then build the lua script from the narrative. I loaded the narrative and db_518. It takes a few iterations ...
by thewood1
Tue Sep 08, 2026 7:40 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: CMO and AI integration
Replies: 30
Views: 1851

Re: CMO and AI integration

Those aren't tweaks, especially the first one. I'm not publishing it. Its as is. I wanted to see how far I could get with a single prompt.

My conclusion is it took longer than just building it outright. But... There are pieces I can use to save a little time on repetitive motion here and there. Of ...
by thewood1
Tue Sep 08, 2026 5:02 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: CMO and AI integration
Replies: 30
Views: 1851

Re: CMO and AI integration

Finally got back to this. I got a little stumped trying to use the script within a lua file with the CMO directories. Never got it to work. I know its a config on my end. So I just copy and pasted the script text from the script file straight into the lua console in CMO. The first iteration had some ...
by thewood1
Mon Sep 07, 2026 9:24 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: [FIXED] Top menu disappearing
Replies: 5
Views: 217

Re: Top menu disappearing

"I checked and the program Nahimic was not on my PC."

Nahimic is a notorius and problematic app from MSI. It gets embedded deep in Windows services. You have to go into services and permanently disable it. And when MSI does updates, it loves to get reset.
by thewood1
Sun Sep 06, 2026 2:38 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot
Replies: 65
Views: 4863

Re: Offline DB Viewer v1.1.0 Feature Glossary

Thats a great tool. Thanks for the effort on it.
by thewood1
Sat Sep 05, 2026 1:03 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot
Replies: 65
Views: 4863

Re: Offline DB Viewer


For the record, yes I was really trying to help. If my text was rude in any way I do apologize as it was in no was my intention to offend anyone.
Love the tool and be sure to use it in future endeavours.
regards GJ


It absolutely was not you. It was the "I can read" comment that seemed rather ...
by thewood1
Fri Sep 04, 2026 8:14 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Offline CMO Database Viewer — v1.7.0 — First Look, First Shot
Replies: 65
Views: 4863

Re: Offline DB Viewer

"and I can read"

The guy is trying to help. How about a little common courtesy. Sheesh.
by thewood1
Thu Sep 03, 2026 3:17 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: CMO and AI integration
Replies: 30
Views: 1851

Re: CMO and AI integration

Just finished building the bones of a scenario based on the posted narrative and using ChatGPT. ChatGPT did a great job. It almost built a complete starting position. OOB with DBIDs all correct, Satellites deployed, bases and SAMs in place, formations set, aircraft loaded and readied, ROE/Doctrine ...

Go to advanced search