Search found 21 matches

by beevor_fan
Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided
Topic: 1.03 Public Beta is now Available
Replies: 23
Views: 1247

RE: 1.03 Public Beta is now Available

Neato! :P Great to see you updating this wonderful game!
by beevor_fan
Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:05 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: the Nanny state
Replies: 41
Views: 1747

RE: the Nanny state

Just getting a question in here - is it correct that an army moving through a scouted region on the way to a battle will have some of its units become spotted? Or is it impossible to spot an army moving to battle from "one region beyond the front"?
by beevor_fan
Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:59 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: An Englishman in New York
Replies: 47
Views: 5929

RE: An Englishman in New York

Another great AAR going! Keep it up! 
by beevor_fan
Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:50 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Preserve the Union! (PyleDriver not allowed)
Replies: 26
Views: 3673

RE: Preserve the Union! (PyleDriver not allowed)

Impressive AAR! Keep it going - that beating you dealt him should be hard to recover from...
by beevor_fan
Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:32 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: A lot of attrition. What do I need to do to stop this?
Replies: 16
Views: 513

RE: Also, I'm getting killed - I don't think I've...

Having to cross a river can have some major detrimental effects if you are unlucky, even if the crossing itself is not heavily opposed, I.e. Fredericksburg....


by beevor_fan
Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:23 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: PBEM security easy to defeat?
Replies: 15
Views: 454

RE: PBEM security easy to defeat?

The dice server idea would be pretty cool. Together with some in-game integration, it could make PBEM a much slicker and more reliable affair. As always, money is the problem :) 
by beevor_fan
Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 pm
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Second! :) Anyone for an early PBEM?
Replies: 4
Views: 393

RE: Second! :) Anyone for an early PBEM?

I have tried again using the hotmail :) 
by beevor_fan
Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:07 pm
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Second! :) Anyone for an early PBEM?
Replies: 4
Views: 393

RE: Second! :) Anyone for an early PBEM?

Taken! :) I have sent you a mail! 
by beevor_fan
Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:40 pm
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Second! :) Anyone for an early PBEM?
Replies: 4
Views: 393

Second! :) Anyone for an early PBEM?

<r> So, after playing around a bit with the game, I feel like having a real game(although the AI is excellent, it is always more fun to play a human opponent) <E>:)</E> <br/>
<br/>
I will play any side - suggested options: FoW on - all other options on default.<br/>
<br/>
Any takers? <E>:)</E ...
by beevor_fan
Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:36 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: Training
Replies: 4
Views: 227

RE: Training

This is a good place to repeat the feature request for "Militia only" and "No militia please" hotkeys to complement the existing CTRL-F / SHIFT-F, etc. :)

/campaign mode
by beevor_fan
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:00 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: Kudos and feature request
Replies: 3
Views: 213

Kudos and feature request

<r> First up, thanks for the great game! <E>:)</E> I am especially impressed by the AI, which appears to be far better than the one in GGWaWAwD. (This is possibly also because the game design of WBtS is more conductive to good AI). <br/>
<br/>
I also have a feature request that should be very ...
by beevor_fan
Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:29 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: Nationalities
Replies: 56
Views: 2595

RE: Nationalities

Sweden here, age 27. :)
by beevor_fan
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:43 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: Very Very Stoked
Replies: 1
Views: 206

RE: Very Very Stoked

Agree - I am coming from a different angle though, as I'm a fan of Gary's WWII efforts with this engine. I expect to learn a lot about the US Civil War in the process :)
by beevor_fan
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:12 am
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: Buying as an act of faith
Replies: 1
Views: 178

Buying as an act of faith

<r> Hi, and thanks Gary! I am downloading now. Just wanted to check how many people get this one purely on the strength of the Gary brand? For me, it was GGWaWAwD that sealed the deal - it was the finest PBEM experience I've ever seen. I am hoping this one will deliver the same experience ...
by beevor_fan
Thu May 01, 2008 3:08 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: Matrix Games Unveils Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States!
Replies: 22
Views: 1348

RE: Matrix Games Unveils Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States!

Will get this, if nothing else because I consider GGWaW-AWD to be the best computer game. Ever. No, really. Eat your heart out GTA IV! :P
by beevor_fan
Thu May 01, 2008 1:32 pm
Forum: Gary Grigsby's War Between the States
Topic: War Between the States in 1680x1050
Replies: 16
Views: 522

RE: War Between the States in 1680x1050

Really looking forward to this - I have squeezed so much fun out of the WaW series, and seeing how the engine makes the move to the civil war will be interesting :)
by beevor_fan
Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:02 am
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Flood of Attack - Balance Issue?
Replies: 13
Views: 696

RE: Flood of Attack - Balance Issue?

Agreed - GGWaW AWD is a good game in single-player and a pure masterpiece in PBEM.
by beevor_fan
Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:18 pm
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Looking for a game
Replies: 4
Views: 425

RE: Looking for a game

Sounds good - you want the allies or the axis?

Go to advanced search