Search found 4701 matches

by ernieschwitz
Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:15 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

The losses and kills reflect these high losses. Yes, I am killing more opponent troops, but, can I sustain this kind of attrition?

turn 25 kills losses.jpg

I also thought I'd show the amount of troops I am building now, in a more condensed form than that of above.

turn 25 production.jpg

I am ...
by ernieschwitz
Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:11 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

Now to the "big front". Or at least the front where most troops are engaged in fighting.

turn 25 Balkans before.jpg

A hex between Phillipopolis and Nicopolis was the target of an Ottoman attack (marked on the map). First he beat back an infantry unit, that lost enough infantry that its counter ...
by ernieschwitz
Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:03 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

In Turkey this is how things looked before I made my moves.

turn 25 turkey before.jpg

I don't like the presence of that many counters of unknown forces. They could be anything in theory. Though most likely Turk Levies, but not knowing is scary. I could withdraw, consolidate my forces, but ...
by ernieschwitz
Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:56 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

This is the situation in Finland.

turn 25 Kalmar Union before.jpg

The Kalmar Union troops are doing well in their defensive warfare. I have pushed them one hex away, but they are able to assemble forces to make a new line. Also note the supply "bubbles", they are blue. They have been lost by ...
by ernieschwitz
Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:50 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

"July 10th, 1801.

- An outrage, that is what it is. A group of noblemen were caught by my secret imperial police, plotting to have my personal priest, my confessor, assassinated. This cannot stand of course. The plotmakers have been executed, by hanging, whereas the rest of them have been sent to ...
by ernieschwitz
Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:23 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

I then after having used my PPs on the declaration of war, I decide to play the Policy of Recruitment. This nearly doubles my troop output. Having spent 20 PPs on it, I want to use it as best I can. I switch almost all of my PP production into these new troops. Mostly Infantry II, and Staff II, but ...
by ernieschwitz
Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:16 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

turn 24 Balkans Bulgaria before.jpg

Above can be seen the map of the entire theater of operations in the Mid and East Balkans. As can be seen I still have some opponent troops that are going to be a problem. For instance they reinforced Sofia. The European part of the Ottoman Empire is falling ...
by ernieschwitz
Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:08 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

Let's jump from Finland, to Georgia, and nearby areas. This is how it looked before any moves were made.

turn 24 Georgia before.jpg

I decided that perhaps it would serve a better purpose to divide the screenshots in two. That is one for Georgia and the mountain range there. The other screenshot ...
by ernieschwitz
Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:01 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

Let us begin with the main item on the agenda. That is what is happening in Finland, against the Kalmar Union.

But first the commanders in the region.
turn 24 Kalmar front Commanders.jpg

None of them have leveled, but Kotiliarevsky and Chichagov will soon. The composite screenshot was taken ...
by ernieschwitz
Sun Sep 27, 2026 5:55 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

russia v kalmar.png

"June 20th, 1801.

- I got up early today. Who wakes up early, God gives to, says the proverb. Today is the day that my troops will advance on Kalmar Union territory. I have asked General Kotiliarevsky to lead the attack, as well as General Chichagov whom I however have less ...
by ernieschwitz
Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:47 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

This is the entire Turkish/Georgian front before I move and attack.

turn 23 Turkey Georgia before.jpg

My strategy of making holes in the line, did not work, except that of course now I know I can spread out my forces, or keep them like this for a while. This is good news, because I will be using ...
by ernieschwitz
Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:34 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

turn 23 Balkans before.jpg

The Western front, in the South.. not sure what to call it.. but down in Bulgaria and the Balkans, there was this turns only battle initiated by the Ottomans. It was a limited success, the AI attacked from two sides, and drove back my infantry unit, that survived the ...
by ernieschwitz
Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:18 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

"May 31st, 1801.

- There has come a lot of news in from the South, and the war with the Ottomans. In Asia Minor General Kiselyov has taken Amasia , one step closer to Angora . He warns that his western flank is exposed, but I encourage him to push forwards anyway. On the western front, from the ...
by ernieschwitz
Sat Sep 26, 2026 4:26 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

turn 22 Turkey Georgia before.jpg

The positions in the Turkey/Georgia area, as seen above, are pretty much unchanged now for a while. Except of course that I last turn got Sinope. This turn I drove southwards.

turn 22 Turkey after.jpg

I am now next to Amasia, and I have had to make some holes ...
by ernieschwitz
Sat Sep 26, 2026 4:18 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

As mentioned above, there was combat occuring. Three attacks by the Ottomans to be exact. I have marked them on the map. None of the attacks resulted in any retreats from my forces, though one Infantry division was reduced to 8 Infantry and 3 artillery. I sent that to the rear, to get more ...
by ernieschwitz
Sat Sep 26, 2026 4:11 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

"May 11th, 1801.

- I am pondering delegating even more power to another minister. Rumyantsev is doing well as the commerce minister, but I will need someone to consult when it comes to warfare. I have several young candidates in the wings, but the old guard might need some representation too. Thus ...
by ernieschwitz
Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:29 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

In Turkey things look very quiet. There are some troops in front of Sinope, and some in the area south of the forces of Kiselyov.

turn 21 turkey before.jpg

From the beginning I eye that I might be able to get Sinope this turn, so that is what I concentrate on first. I send my cavalry south of ...
by ernieschwitz
Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:20 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

Now to the excitement:

turn 21 balkans before.jpg

The places that show a red X, should be two crossed swords, they show where the Ottomans attacked. One of their attacks was repulsed. That is where the Purple shield is, behind the swords. That unit did not lose a lot of troops. The other was an ...
by ernieschwitz
Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:11 am
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

"April 21st, 1801.

- The sun is shining today. A pleasant sight, though not common yet, it is certainly drawing closer to the times of good weather. I pray that the spring will bring along with it several new victories, both personal ones, and military. The latter seems to be happening already ...
by ernieschwitz
Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:24 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR
Replies: 76
Views: 2632

Re: The Annals of the Tsar - A Napoleonic Europe AAR

In the Ukraine, I make a new Command. That of Bagration. Yeah I know, famous name, but this ain't him.

turn 20 new officer.jpg

He is however good. He was recruited this turn, which his bio also reflects. I am unclear on his role at present, but something usually shows up, is my experience ...

Go to advanced search