Search found 264 matches

by Xmudder
Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:28 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: GalaxyMapSharing bug returned in Sept 21 regular update
Replies: 1
Views: 267

GalaxyMapSharing bug returned in Sept 21 regular update

Two Atuuk realms popped up in my new game under the Sept 21 release. Pretty sure they were independent planets - they are close to each other. If I sign a galaxy map sharing with one, the whole map is revealed. I go from 370 partially explored systems to 1312.

I was also able to buy ruins from the ...
by Xmudder
Tue Sep 22, 2026 9:29 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: Ignored spaceport in home system
Replies: 3
Views: 372

Re: Ignored spaceport in home system

retest: load up with ignored spaceport. Manually sent an explorer to it. Got the Abandoned Base Encountered popup. Got the assign mission "complete construction of abandoned base."

Problem appears to be with explorers ignoring things in the Exploration sub menus Abandoned Ships and Bases and ...
by Xmudder
Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:25 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: Ignored spaceport in home system
Replies: 3
Views: 372

Re: Ignored spaceport in home system


How did you get vision on the spaceport? Did any exploration ship visit the station at all? Do you have a save from before you researched the skip drive?

Looking at your save, it looks like your construction setting for repairing abandoned ships and bases is set to suggest, so construction ships ...
by Xmudder
Mon Sep 21, 2026 7:44 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: Ignored spaceport in home system
Replies: 3
Views: 372

Ignored spaceport in home system

I have a second abandoned small spaceport in my home system. Which is being completely ignored. Despite 12 idle exploration ships and 4 idle construction ships I have hanging around my home system prior to researching stable warp fields.

I have seen this before, and I think it may be related to ...
by Xmudder
Wed Sep 09, 2026 9:15 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Help with early game
Replies: 12
Views: 1439

Re: Help with early game




I disagree. And also you started giving advanced gameplay guidance in a topic for a starter player. Maybe let them ease into the game, it takes some time to learn everything.


What do you disagree about and why?!?!

It can't be that Escort ships are weak because they simply by fact is not ...
by Xmudder
Wed Sep 09, 2026 12:27 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Public Beta 1.3.7.5 Now Available
Replies: 36
Views: 3739

Re: Public Beta 1.3.7.3 Now Available


Oof! Double pirate protection fees? That is going to make some of the unluckier (3+ early pirates) game starts REALLY tight, assuming that normal empire economies still work the same way after the DLC. I hope this gets adequate testing on both the empire and the pirate side to make sure it isn't a ...
by Xmudder
Fri Aug 28, 2026 5:12 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Help with early game
Replies: 12
Views: 1439

Re: Help with early game

Pay them protection money, or bribe them with gifts and then pay them protection money. Pirate bases in the same system are different, they won't attack, and you will need 8-12 frigates to kill them - escorts are useless. You may be able to work with pirate bases in the system in the dlc.
by Xmudder
Mon Aug 24, 2026 5:43 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Public Beta 1.3.7.5 Now Available
Replies: 36
Views: 3739

Re: Public Beta 1.3.7.0 Now Available



Are there supposed to be 5 Boskara minors and 4 Dhayuts? I'm used to 2 of each.


Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to indie colonies or empires?

What did you set your indie colony settings to when starting your game?

Unless these are story-related indie colonies, basic indie colonies ...
by Xmudder
Mon Aug 24, 2026 4:52 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Public Beta 1.3.7.5 Now Available
Replies: 36
Views: 3739

Re: Public Beta 1.3.7.0 Now Available

MaximKI wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 2:07 pm The debris fields spawning around homeworld are an issue and should be resolved in next update.
Are there supposed to be 5 Boskara minors and 4 Dhayuts? I'm used to 2 of each.

Starting with a carrier with long range sensors was a total cheat.
by Xmudder
Sun Aug 23, 2026 2:03 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Public Beta 1.3.7.5 Now Available
Replies: 36
Views: 3739

Re: Public Beta 1.3.7.0 Now Available


Got probably the best start ever with the new 1.3.7.0 beta. Too good in fact, probably a spawn bug or something. Just ouside my starting planed, I got a debris field with 6 ships; 1 light carrier, 1 advanced destroyer, 3 advanced frigattes and 1 troop transport. Around 2756 I had an 4k fleet, when ...
by Xmudder
Wed Aug 19, 2026 10:12 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Dev Diary #2 - Pirate Factions
Replies: 4
Views: 435

Re: Dev Diary #2 - Pirate Factions

Do we know how much is the DLC and how much is the patch? A fair bit of this, other than actually playing as a pirate faction / age of shadows, seems to be in the base game. I'm not that interested in playing as a pirate faction in the Age of Shadows, but I like what I have seen about better ...
by Xmudder
Tue Aug 11, 2026 4:32 pm
Forum: Shadow Empire
Topic: Any settings or mods to reduce the number of decisions?
Replies: 1
Views: 1639

Re: Any settings or mods to reduce the number of decisions?


I find the decision event aspect of the game to be my least favourite, e.g. traders getting attacked, a leader misbehaving. I find them a chore to deal with every turn. Is there a way to mod the game to reduce them or perhaps a setting that does this?


I'd love a low / normal / high choice in ...
by Xmudder
Mon Aug 03, 2026 9:22 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: Akdarian Story Location Issue
Replies: 5
Views: 1160

Re: Akdarian Story Location Issue

MaximKI wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2026 8:30 pm Unfortunately, that will have limited value in pinning the issue down.

If you see this occur again, please send us a save from just before you encounter the event.
by Xmudder
Mon Aug 03, 2026 7:08 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: "Cannot Inventigate" Ancient Inactive Akdarian Spaceport as Akdarian
Replies: 0
Views: 317

"Cannot Inventigate" Ancient Inactive Akdarian Spaceport as Akdarian

So I found the medium Ancient Inactive Akdarian Spaceport... and found something I have never seen before:

Cannot Investigate: This base defies all efforts to board and investigate it. So we can not acquire this abandoned base.

There is a construction ship assigned to it, but it has been ...
by Xmudder
Mon Aug 03, 2026 6:53 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: Akdarian Story Location Issue
Replies: 5
Views: 1160

Re: Akdarian Story Location Issue


Do you happen to have a save from just before you encountered the event?


just before? no I was not doing the "save before choosing to investigate ruins" I sometimes do. I have one in between the choice for study and the resolution (Ambassador1) and one from a bit before (finished a mission ...
by Xmudder
Sun Aug 02, 2026 8:01 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Public Beta 1.3.7.5 Now Available
Replies: 36
Views: 3739

Re: Public Beta 1.3.6.6 Now Available

2 hang and crash without error logs with 1.3.6.6 so far.

edit: happened a third time, 2/3 times it happened when I tried to save my game, 2/3 times it happened after government change. Damnit, I liked my Securan Expansionist Organized Engineer leader - which is why I tried to save the game once ...
by Xmudder
Sun Aug 02, 2026 5:48 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Public Beta 1.3.7.5 Now Available
Replies: 36
Views: 3739

Re: Public Beta 1.3.6.6 Now Available

- greatly reduced level when independent colonies decide to become space-faring empires (lower population and development required), thus happening sooner in the game

Really not enjoying this in my new game under 1.3.6.6 Makes the whole "how many AIs do you want" choice at game creation ...
by Xmudder
Sun Aug 02, 2026 1:22 am
Forum: Distant Worlds 2: Tech Support
Topic: Akdarian Story Location Issue
Replies: 5
Views: 1160

Akdarian Story Location Issue

Akdarian story "Crashed Research Station" gives you 2 choices: Salvage, which gives you Hyperdrive Research 75%, Aculon, and Polymer.

And Study, which gives you... 3 races to gain diplomacy, and a hyperdive lab that I can not find.

Bug or WAD? I know a different story event (Ruined Shipyard ...
by Xmudder
Fri Jul 31, 2026 10:29 pm
Forum: Distant Worlds 2
Topic: Public Beta 1.3.7.5 Now Available
Replies: 36
Views: 3739

Re: Public Beta 1.3.6.6 Now Available

- greatly reduced level when independent colonies decide to become space-faring empires (lower population and development required), thus happening sooner in the game

If we are going in this direction, can we please get some better vasslilzation / diploannex mechanics? Too many minor empires clogs ...

Go to advanced search