Search found 716 matches

by FOARP
Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:50 pm
Forum: Scenario Design and Modding
Topic: Korea 1950 Mod
Replies: 2
Views: 903

Re: Korea 1950 Mod

Step 2 - The countries

Having fixed the coastlines, I've created rough borders for North Korea, China, and the USSR as a guide to the eventual population of the map with terrain and towns/cities, but it will be revised to be more accurate as development goes on. The border between North Korea and ...
by FOARP
Sun Sep 13, 2026 11:26 am
Forum: Scenario Design and Modding
Topic: Korea 1950 Mod
Replies: 2
Views: 903

Re: Korea 1950 Mod

Step 1 - the map
Step1.png
As discussed above I've scaled the map to be roughly 10km-per-hex. The area of the map extends from Japan in the south, to China and the Soviet Far East in the North, to allow the modelling both of conflict in Korea, and the intervention of UN forces from Japan, and ...
by FOARP
Sun Sep 13, 2026 11:15 am
Forum: Scenario Design and Modding
Topic: Korea 1950 Mod
Replies: 2
Views: 903

Korea 1950 Mod

SNK_MAP_I_1000W.jpg
What is this? - A mod to introduce at least a Korean map, accurate to 1950, to the game, and we'll see what else we can do with it. I'll be occasionally working on it and posting it here. The goal is that at least a map of the Korean peninsula, and hopefully eventually a ...
by FOARP
Sun Sep 13, 2026 9:38 am
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod
Replies: 263
Views: 52571

Re: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod


I have tried out the mod and so far it's amazing, only two things I can add at this point, hex 129, 39 (west of Spokane) doesn't have he same weather zone as the surrounding hexes. The test for the island names being blue blends in too well


Many thanks for the kind comments. I will fix in the ...
by FOARP
Sat Jan 31, 2026 10:29 am
Forum: Strategic Command Series
Topic: Things I'd like to see in a sequel series
Replies: 6
Views: 3005

Re: Things I'd like to see in a sequel series


2. Additional editor features to include ability to fully customize unit types. It is currently very limited within a unit type class.


My preferred implementation of this would be something like a text file containing value specific to each unit, referencing a specific image-file for its sprite ...
by FOARP
Fri Jan 30, 2026 1:17 pm
Forum: Strategic Command Series
Topic: Things I'd like to see in a sequel series
Replies: 6
Views: 3005

Re: Things I'd like to see in a sequel series


Another thing I'd love to see going forward is more differentiation between units of same type across different nations . Right now, if I understand it correctly, only tech level and xp factor in this. But historically different nations' units had different competency degrees due to different ...
by FOARP
Fri Jan 30, 2026 1:08 pm
Forum: Strategic Command Series
Topic: Japanese graphics assets question
Replies: 2
Views: 1244

Japanese graphics assets question

Question for Devs: is it OK if I use the graphics-assets for Japan in SC:WaW or SC:WitP for an SC:WiE mod for public release? I suppose I could try to either find a third-party mod that has their own assets for Japan, create my own, or just use generic graphics for them, but this seems a hassle.

I ...
by FOARP
Tue Jan 20, 2026 8:44 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod
Replies: 263
Views: 52571

Re: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod

Strong emphasis on this release being still a WIP. I just finally accepted I would never finish it without anyone else looking at it.
by FOARP
Mon Jan 19, 2026 8:29 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod
Replies: 263
Views: 52571

Re: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod

Unbelievably, I am still working on this, with glacial slowness.

See here for what I've got:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/t80lpgo5 ... t.rar/file
by FOARP
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:04 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: War in the Pacific
Topic: Different how?
Replies: 45
Views: 8804

Re: Different how?


Problem solved if the new game has task force counters, and a separate window of some sort for placing ships in a task force.


Realistically they aren't likely to launch a heavily modified/new game engine, and that would be required for this.



I like the SC series, but modeling the Pacific ...
by FOARP
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:15 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: War in the Pacific
Topic: Different how?
Replies: 45
Views: 8804

Re: Different how?




Also, Pacific War is about task force, its composition, its screen and when I see the screenshots, I am under the impression that you can't put a BB with plenty of AAA guns to protect your CV in the same task force counter. Am I wrong?


Thats' always been a glaring issue with Strategic ...
by FOARP
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:23 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: War in the Pacific
Topic: Different how?
Replies: 45
Views: 8804

Re: Different how?


There is another aspect that is very important in a game about the Pacific War. It's intelligence. Decoding the codes and intentions of the enemy. For me, this point is fundamental.


This is already modelled in the base StratCom system to a significant extent by researching intelligence and ...
by FOARP
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:33 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: War in the Pacific
Topic: Different how?
Replies: 45
Views: 8804

Re: Different how?



Will WiE be able to tie in as an option? I doubt it but would be nice.


Since it seems like that would be too big a selling point not to mention I doubt it also.

But, at least now some of the atolls like Truk and Eniwetok look more proportional to the map with the decrease in hex scale from ...
by FOARP
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:29 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod
Replies: 263
Views: 52571

Tweaks and fixes

Tweaks and fixes

This week I've been working on game balance to ensure that the cities that fell to one side or another in the opening months of the war as written in Turtledove's books will typically fall in the first few turns of the game as well. This isn't easy as it requires the CSA to be ...
by FOARP
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:23 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod
Replies: 263
Views: 52571

Re: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod

OldCrowBalthazor wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:01 pm I for one appreciate that you decided to give NATO counters a retool. Looks good. Welcome back FOARP. 👍
Thanks Crow! Yeah, playing some WiE has given me ideas about how to address some issues in this mod.
by FOARP
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:21 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod
Replies: 263
Views: 52571

NATO counters

NATO Counters
Originally I hadn't planned to provide any updated NATO counters for this mod because I don't use them. However, since some people do use them, and since a new unit-type - militia - is introduced in place of ANZAC units, the NATO counters also need to be updated to accommodate this ...
by FOARP
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:09 am
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod
Replies: 263
Views: 52571

And We're Back!

And we're back...

Long story short, moving house and getting a promotion turn out to be things that impact your modding activities quite a bit. However, I've always been intending to finish this mod. There actually aren't so many things left to do on it, but the things that there are left to do ...
by FOARP
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:38 pm
Forum: MODS and Scenarios
Topic: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod
Replies: 263
Views: 52571

Re: ModAAR: American Front, a CSA v USA WIP mod

WideEyes wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:47 am Lovely. Can't wait till I'm finally able to play this.
It will happen.
by FOARP
Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:36 pm
Forum: Strategic Command Series
Topic: Pacific War
Replies: 11
Views: 7727

Re: Pacific War


Another area that is hard to recreate in most games is the armistice-like nature of the war in China between 1941 and '44. Chiang was content to mostly sit back during this period to let the US win the war for him and it seemed to suit Japanese purposes at the time as well. Doesn't usually happen ...
by FOARP
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:25 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Jerusalem demolished?
Replies: 12
Views: 1724

Re: Jerusalem demolished?

Lothos wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:21 am Did the engineer retreat into Jerusalem?

If so that would explain it as it was building a fort in the hex next to it and the attack forced them to retreat on the city but the unit kept constructing the fort.

Saw a similar bug with loop commands.
It appears to have been operated in to Jerusalem.

Go to advanced search