I am currently running tests using counters, like those found in board games.
https://i.ibb.co/WWHj37d9/Panther7.jpg
Would it be possible to have a setting that prevents the unit from rotating a full 360 degrees, and instead uses horizontal axis mirroring when moving from left to right or ...
Okay, I've finished all the German vehicles; each unit has its own proper illustration. It’s a fairly time-consuming task, but I’ve automated the process as much as possible.
Let me know if this looks right to you; if there’s enough interest, I’ll go ahead with the other nations.
Thanks a lot. I’m going to try creating a graphics mod using unit sprites in PNG format, matching the quality of the example. If I understand correctly, I just need to create a folder for my mod within the `modules` folder—located at `C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Steel Company`—and drop all the ...
I’ve started testing the unit sprites. I’ve got a good handle on how their size coefficient works. It would be easier to have drawings that are already at the same scale to begin with (incidentally, I notice we’re using the same libraries for our graphics ...
Ah, I see. When we created the sprites for the game *Hex of Steel*, the developer and I agreed to make them 1024x1024 px to suit modern screen resolutions (yours are 123 x 123 px). It would be great if there were still time to modify your code and increase the resolution of all the game's sprites ...
Excellent news regarding the modding documentation. The first thing I notice immediately, as a graphics modder, is the very small size of the sprites used. Is this a program limitation, or can we envision modding these sprites with larger pictures to achieve a result better suited to modern screen ...
Absolutely fantastic. :shock: As a *Steel Panthers* player since the very beginning, I am thrilled to see the work you’ve accomplished—it’s amazing. For many of us, you’ve made a dream come true—one we had eventually given up on. For that alone, you have my deepest gratitude.
Sorry but the "new" Matrix Forum had deleted a huge amount of all things i posted during years and i don't want to spend too much energy to redone all the links that are missing now.
Je suis étonné que personne n'y ait pensé depuis toutes ces années que le jeu existe, mais apparemment il n'y a pas de traduction du manuel de jeu en français. Pour combler cette lacune et pour ceux qui ont du mal à lire 353 pages de langage technique en anglais, j'ai donc réalisé une ...
Are you using the custom image folders or overwriting the core images in the Common folder? All of this modding will be covered in the Content and Mod guides we are working on and will release over the next few weeks.
Cool :)
Is it possible to change the images in the subunit inspector ...
The map graphics were simply generated anew, with a different grid baked in. At OTS, we have developed an in-house render toolkit which we use to generate the map graphics (including the minimap, briefing maps, etc.) for all the maps, in the same consistent style. It can generate maps with 1km ...
Voilà tous les manuels du jeu traduit en français. La traduction a été effectuée avec Google traduction est n'est pas parfaite mais elle est largement suffisante pour comprendre les textes des différents manuels et en plus, la mise en page est conservée. En attendant une traduction officielle (qui ...