Search found 388 matches

by Benedict151
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:36 am
Forum: Campaign Series: Vietnam
Topic: Countdown to CS: Vietnam 1.0
Replies: 51
Views: 4259

RE: Countdown to CS: Vietnam 1.0

<r>
<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: Crossroads<br/>
<br/>

<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: Benedict151<br/>
<br/>
I too am really looking forward to the French scenarios. This is my main area of interest and I was rather afraid that there would only be a 'token couple' included so seeing the ...
by Benedict151
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:23 pm
Forum: Campaign Series: Vietnam
Topic: Countdown to CS: Vietnam 1.0
Replies: 51
Views: 4259

RE: Countdown to CS: Vietnam 1.0

<t> I too am really looking forward to the French scenarios. This is my main area of interest and I was rather afraid that there would only be a 'token couple' included so seeing the list of whats included makes me very happy indeed.<br/>
<br/>
It might have been nice for a couple of the less well ...
by Benedict151
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:35 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Closest AI setting to average MP standard?
Replies: 10
Views: 806

RE: Closest AI setting to average MP standard?

Thanks Hubert, that helps and I will have a rummage in the scripts at some point

Ben
by Benedict151
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:03 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Closest AI setting to average MP standard?
Replies: 10
Views: 806

RE: Closest AI setting to average MP standard?

<t> Thanks 'Pete and Hubert<br/>
A helpful thread for those of us wedded to SP games.<br/>
With regard to the extra units the AI gets there are a number of descriptions that are not immediately clear to me such as -<br/>
<br/>
"Reinforcements" - E.G 'Reinforcements Mainz 1914'<br/>
"Front Line ...
by Benedict151
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:02 am
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Eliminating Montenegro on turn 2
Replies: 210
Views: 9856

RE: Eliminating Montenegro on turn 2

<r>
<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: stockwellpete<br/>
<br/>

<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: Chernobyl<br/>
<br/>
Why exactly does snipping the rail between Ragusa and Cetinje change things at all? I cut the rail line and I can still rail a German corps right next to Cetinje on turn one. I was ...
by Benedict151
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm
Forum: Valor & Victory
Topic: Waffen SS - Counter color?
Replies: 31
Views: 2756

RE: Waffen SS - Counter color?

<t> Chapeau for asking the question.<br/>
I for one feel increasingly uncomfortable with the black counters (both in digital games and my old boardgames) and it would be refreshing to see something different. Either the camo or different shade of grey as rico21 put forward would work for me<br ...
by Benedict151
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:35 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII War in Europe
Topic: AI difficulty and 'bonus units'
Replies: 6
Views: 1553

RE: AI difficulty and 'bonus units'

Thanks Hubert
Its fun playing it for ... well ... fun!
by Benedict151
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:30 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII War in Europe
Topic: AI difficulty and 'bonus units'
Replies: 6
Views: 1553

RE: AI difficulty and 'bonus units'

<t> Hello Hubert<br/>
Thanks for the quick replies. I've worked my way around the bonus unit scripts and most are very clear with regard to what and when although some are a little vaguer (e.g. German armoured reserves to Warsaw is one of these IIRC).<br/>
<br/>
I am assuming that if I set the ...
by Benedict151
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:46 pm
Forum: Strategic Command WWII War in Europe
Topic: AI difficulty and 'bonus units'
Replies: 6
Views: 1553

AI difficulty and 'bonus units'

<t> Hello there<br/>
I have been trying to tweak various settings (in both War in Europe and World at War) to give me the challenge I want - which at the moment thanks to other real life issues is something that 'gives me a game' without requiring 100% dedication on my part - and one where I can ...
by Benedict151
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:51 pm
Forum: Campaign Series: Vietnam
Topic: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress
Replies: 317
Views: 26410

RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

Sorry, no blog (apologies for confusion, was referring to yours).
Just my own book etc collection.

regards
Ben
by Benedict151
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 am
Forum: Campaign Series: Vietnam
Topic: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress
Replies: 317
Views: 26410

RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

<t> "Interested about the background of the French Indochina period? I've got tons of info on my blog."<br/>
<br/>
Thank you, I have most of the books on the French part of the war (that are available in English which sadly are only the tip of the iceberg) but you have unearthed some really ...
by Benedict151
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:40 pm
Forum: Campaign Series: Vietnam
Topic: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress
Replies: 317
Views: 26410

RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

Huzzah!
The French have arrived.... really looking forward to the French section of this game

Ben
by Benedict151
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:23 am
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Central Powers Research (SP game)
Replies: 3
Views: 426

Central Powers Research (SP game)

<t> With the social distancing rules now in place in the UK I spent some time playing through a SP player game as Allies using v1.04. With the advantage of hindsight (from previous games) played fairly conservatively and won at the end of 2016.<br/>
<br/>
Out of curiosity at the end of the game I ...
by Benedict151
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:09 am
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: East First breaks the game
Replies: 46
Views: 2965

RE: East First breaks the game

<r>
<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: eightroomofelixir<br/>

<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: lwarmonger<br/>
That being said, from a game design perspective,a fairly easy and realistic way to deal with this is to simply have garrisons start in the national morale forts behind the lines in Germany ...
by Benedict151
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Naval Musings
Replies: 0
Views: 220

Naval Musings

<t> It was soooo tempting to title this 'naval gazing' but I managed to resist... anyhow, playing SC WW1 has made me go back and read a few books on the subject (a 'good thing') - and buy a couple of new ones. My primary reading interest for WW1 is naval (and to a lesser extent air) which of course ...
by Benedict151
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:37 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Too much storm damage to transports
Replies: 8
Views: 598

RE: Too much storm damage to transports

Hello Bill
I too have had storm damage to transports doing way more than 1 point of damage... by Anzac corps suffered badly, as did another corps plus HQ - I think I commented on this in a previous thread (maybe around new year)

regards
Ben
by Benedict151
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:50 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Verdun Unsiegeable
Replies: 9
Views: 888

RE: Verdun Unsiegeable

Advanced artillery will crack it I've found.
by Benedict151
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:48 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: attacking zero supply sub
Replies: 9
Views: 631

RE: attacking zero supply sub

<t> TBH as the Entente I had the opposite "problem" with German U-Boats insofar I found it relatively easy to hunt them down and sink them. <br/>
That said I did develop ASW warfare from the get go. I found getting to level 1 made a noticeable difference and level 2 and 3 were lethal to the German ...
by Benedict151
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:34 am
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Just finished 2nd game, a couple of observations
Replies: 5
Views: 619

RE: Just finished 2nd game, a couple of observations

<t> [EDIT … keyboard died half way through writing this. Now replaced and resuming typing]<br/>
<br/>
I was playing for fun so simply used the default settings. As the Central Powers my experience was not dissimilar to Chernobyl.<br/>
As the Entente I guess I played kind of 'historically' (its ...
by Benedict151
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:40 pm
Forum: Strategic Command: World War I
Topic: Micro landings.
Replies: 54
Views: 3232

RE: Micro landings.

<t> Actually dreadnoughts did carry planes later in the war... admittedly they were a 'one shot weapon' in that the plane could be launched (via a flying off platform mounted on one of the turrets) but not recovered (the pilot would have to ditch next to a friendly ship and be picked up!) so were of ...

Go to advanced search