Search found 39 matches

by WG
Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:41 am
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Bug Fixing update
Replies: 4
Views: 990

Re: Bug Fixing update

RangerJoe wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:59 pm I have some more things to report. I have an issue getting into Discord . . .
Let me guess. The new age-verification system thinks that you are twelve years old? :lol:
by WG
Thu Sep 10, 2026 1:36 am
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Roadmap
Replies: 21
Views: 2071

Re: Roadmap

WingedIncubus wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2026 1:27 am What Discord? :o
Jochen Heiden's "The Combined Fleet" Discord is mainly about War in the Pacific, but it also has some War in Spain 1936-39 chat, with some of the developers hanging out there. This Matrix forum is the main place to learn about the game, though.
by WG
Thu Sep 10, 2026 1:25 am
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Roadmap
Replies: 21
Views: 2071

Re: Roadmap


It's almost middle of September now... any update on when the next patch might be? :mrgreen:


As Alessandro has said on the Discord,
ETA is "2 days" for like 2 weeks now. Somehow real life manages to stop the respective persons that need to contribute in a row.

He said that last month! :lol:
by WG
Wed Sep 09, 2026 11:09 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: About Music
Replies: 16
Views: 1152

Re: About Music

Improvised temporary playlist of Nationalist songs:
Sergei Prokofiev: Romeo and Juliet, Op. 64 / Act 1: 13. Dance Of The Knights
Gustav Holst: The Planets, Op. 32: I. Mars, the Bringer of War
Carl Orff: Carmina Burana: O Fortuna
Edvard Grieg: Peer Gynt, Op. 23: In the Hall of the Mountain ...
by WG
Wed Sep 09, 2026 2:40 am
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: About Music
Replies: 16
Views: 1152

Re: About Music

It would be interesting if, like some games, you get Republican songs if you play their side, and Nationalist song if you play them. But that would require two full playlists.
by WG
Sun Aug 30, 2026 12:24 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: new game
Replies: 3
Views: 643

Re: new game

I wonder if the engine would able to handle something like the Korean War. There aren't enough games on that topic.
by WG
Sun Aug 30, 2026 8:57 am
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Naval and Defense News
Replies: 5200
Views: 466081

Re: Naval and Defense News

Speaking of UAVs, I was surprised to learn recently that the first use of UAVs was the Ryan Model 147 Lightning Bug during the Vietnam War.

Ryan Model 147

The United States Naval Institute Press recently published a book by David Axe on the topic.

Drone War Vietnam

I know that this is ...
by WG
Wed Aug 19, 2026 9:40 pm
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Naval and Defense News
Replies: 5200
Views: 466081

Re: Naval and Defense News

Blast33 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2026 8:15 pm If it flies as it looks... 8-)
I agree, that's is a beautiful aircraft. I am used to cargo planes being the most boring-looking aircraft in the sky!
by WG
Thu Jul 30, 2026 4:48 am
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: A Better Manual Could Make This Game Much More Accessible
Replies: 8
Views: 1355

Re: A Better Manual Could Make This Game Much More Accessible

In my AARs, I give up to 4 pictures with descriptions of what I am doing and why. I also offer to help if people were to ask questions and if I can show examples from my game then I will do so.

I saw your AARs. I am learning the game, and this one is very useful. Thanks for the work!

Scenario 7 ...
by WG
Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:46 am
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: A Better Manual Could Make This Game Much More Accessible
Replies: 8
Views: 1355

Re: A Better Manual Could Make This Game Much More Accessible

Eventually, I also began using AI tools. I provided the AI with the manual, selected forum discussions, AARs, and tutorial videos, and instructed it to base its answers only on those sources.

Now, when I struggle with something, I can upload a screenshot and ask the AI what I may be doing wrong ...
by WG
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:31 am
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Naval and Defense News
Replies: 5200
Views: 466081

Re: Naval and Defense News

The Houthis are attacking commercial shipping in the Red Sea:

Three commercial vessels attacked in Red Sea by Houthi rebels, says US
by WG
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:52 am
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Naval and Defense News
Replies: 5200
Views: 466081

Re: Naval and Defense News

It says that the ineffective attacks on USS Mason on October 9, 2016, turned out to be C-802A missiles. I just assumed at the time that they were obsolete Styx missiles, but no, they turned out to be fairly new Chinese exports.

I also hadn't heard about their Shark-33 drone boats before:

The most ...
by WG
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:04 am
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Naval and Defense News
Replies: 5200
Views: 466081

Re: Naval and Defense News

Nikel wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:49 am Eisenhower CSG passed in front of the Houthis stronghold without trouble and crossed Bab el-Mandeb Strait, destination the Persian Gulf.
There have been reports of the Houthis receiving C-802A anti-ship missiles. How dangerous are they?
by WG
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:31 pm
Forum: The Operational Art of War IV
Topic: Can't open the Docs
Replies: 9
Views: 1009

Re: Can't open the Docs

That's the method I had to use. For some reason, the default install doesn't put the documentation and scenarios in the place it expects to find it: ~\Documents\My Games\The Operational Art of War IV
by WG
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:22 am
Forum: Command: Modern Operations series
Topic: Naval and Defense News
Replies: 5200
Views: 466081

Re: Naval and Defense News


Again and again, more ridiculous again. Now Independence-class limited to only 15 knots by structural cracks (But only the even numbered hulls, hahaha):

https://www.defensenews.com/news/your-navy/2022/05/10/the-littoral-combat-ships-latest-problem-class-wide-structural-defects-leading-to-hull ...
by WG
Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:43 am
Forum: The Operational Art of War IV
Topic: Nazi Germany's Biggest Mistakes That Lost WWII
Replies: 30
Views: 27879

Re: Nazi Germany's Biggest Mistakes That Lost WWII

Speaking of the declaration of war on the USA, Hitler's speech to the Reichstag on December 11, 1941, is an astonishing performance of logical gymnastics. He actually blames Roosevelt (and Jewish bankers) for forcing Germany to attack Poland!

Hitler: The full diabolical meanness of Jewry rallied ...
by WG
Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:28 am
Forum: Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns
Topic: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!!
Replies: 59
Views: 14711

Re: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!!

tomlowshang wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:31 am Patched mech.exe is here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawde ... -t277.html
I had tried playing the stock game earlier this year and had no idea that this existed. It fixes it. Thank you so much! :D
by WG
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:57 am
Forum: Nuclear War Simulator
Topic: Nuclear War Simulator - #4 Dev Log
Replies: 2
Views: 3893

Re: Nuclear War Simulator - #4 Dev Log

Reading through the dev log, the data simulated reminds me a lot of the NUKEMAP and MISSILEMAP by Alex Wellerstein. Does he have any role in Nuclear War Simulator? Or was it inspired by him?
by WG
Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:21 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Tutorial IV, Production Phase, can't complete
Replies: 4
Views: 2584

Re: Tutorial IV, Production Phase, can't complete

Thanks a lot for your help. Changing that file allowed me to get past that one menu.

Unfortunately, there seem to be many other bugs in that scenario. Some steps are skipped, possibly because of the unidentified codes you list, and that breaks the later tutorial. I wish that I knew enough about the ...
by WG
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:47 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Tutorial IV, Production Phase, can't complete
Replies: 4
Views: 2584

Tutorial IV, Production Phase, can't complete

The problem with the Production Phase tutorial begins when it asks the player to go to Eastern German to build an armored unit. The armor button on my screen is beneath the instruction box. (I am running it at 1920×1080. Perhaps different screen sizes work correctly.)

I've found a way to click on ...

Go to advanced search