Search found 75 matches

by forestrouse
Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:59 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: In multi-server game, it says I must update version
Replies: 1
Views: 114

In multi-server game, it says I must update version

Hi. I started a multi-server game a couple of days ago and played a turn. But when I try to access the game now it says

"Version must be updated in order to access"

But when I check for updates, it says that I have the latest version. What could be happening? Could the problem be that my opponent ...
by forestrouse
Thu Sep 03, 2026 11:52 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Commander's report incorrectly notes units as in Transfer Box
Replies: 5
Views: 321

Re: Commander's report incorrectly notes units as in Transfer Box

Dear Joel:

I'm trying to understand this entry in the commanders report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HgykkkPjyi7WySjKM-BqZj7NrCDrGyLM/view?usp=sharing

The line in question in the commander's report has " 11 Cavalry Corps - MAP ' where '-' refers to HHQ. The solution, as you say is that 11 ...
by forestrouse
Wed Sep 02, 2026 4:34 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Commander's report incorrectly notes units as in Transfer Box
Replies: 5
Views: 321

Re: Commander's report incorrectly notes units as in Transfer Box

Dear Joel:

Thanks for the reply. I missed that little subtlety of Division vs Corps.

However, it still doesn't quite explain why the commander's report (the image from the 2nd link as opposed to the first) is noting that 11 Cav Corps on the MAP.

Forest
by forestrouse
Tue Sep 01, 2026 11:29 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Commander's report incorrectly notes units as in Transfer Box
Replies: 5
Views: 321

Commander's report incorrectly notes units as in Transfer Box

Hi. I am playing a server game and so I am not sure how to get you a saved game to look at this bug.

But when I look at the commander's report, it notes that there are several cavalry units that are not assigned to any HQ. But I know that they are.

In my particular case, I was looking the 11 ...
by forestrouse
Sat May 02, 2026 6:05 pm
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Looking for an opp for GC 1941 Scenario (closed)
Replies: 1
Views: 1324

Re: Looking for an opp for GC 1941 Scenario (still open)

Hi.

Are you still looking? Currently I am playing a game, but the person hasn't responded in over a week.

I am experienced versus AI (30 games total, playing both Axis and Soviets), but the current game is the first player vs player game I've played.

Forest
by forestrouse
Sat May 02, 2026 5:19 pm
Forum: Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)
Topic: Looking for Allied Player (Closed)
Replies: 0
Views: 890

Looking for Allied Player (Closed)

Hi.

Looking for an Allied player 1939 scenario. Rank myself as intermediate to advanced.

Forest
by forestrouse
Sun Apr 12, 2026 3:32 pm
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Experienced vesus A.I (30 games) but first time P2P (Closed)
Replies: 3
Views: 837

Re: Experienced vesus A.I (30 games) but first time P2P

Absolutely. Which side would you like to play?

My email is forest.rouse@sbcglobal.net
by forestrouse
Sat Apr 11, 2026 3:06 pm
Forum: Opponents Wanted
Topic: Experienced vesus A.I (30 games) but first time P2P (Closed)
Replies: 3
Views: 837

Experienced vesus A.I (30 games) but first time P2P (Closed)

Hi.

I've been playing both sides against the A.I for sometime and think I am finally ready to play against a human. I am happy to play either side the first time out - I'm sure there is a lot more to learn.

I've played the PBEM games in Strategic Command but I am not familiar with the procedure ...
by forestrouse
Wed Dec 17, 2025 5:50 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Bottom Row
Replies: 2
Views: 1180

Re: Bottom Row

Addendum: I saw on the Options > Settings menu, an item called "Windowed Mode". If I turn that off and restart the game, I can access row 137. In "Windowed Mode", I can only reliably see row 135.

What does "Windowed Mode" do? I can speculate, but I am not sure exactly what it does.

Also, there are ...
by forestrouse
Tue Dec 16, 2025 4:00 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Bottom Row
Replies: 2
Views: 1180

Bottom Row

I am having problems with the bottom row. My opponent is Axis and is raiding the Egypt/Iraq -> UK convoy routes. If I scroll out, I see the indication of a sub on the bottom row. But if I zoom in to actually carry out an operation, I don't have any access to even see his sub on the map board.

My ...
by forestrouse
Sat Dec 06, 2025 4:49 pm
Forum: Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)
Topic: Looking for Opponent SC War in Europe
Replies: 2
Views: 1291

Re: Looking for Opponent SC War in Europe

I've sent you the password in a DM. May the force (not) be with you...
by forestrouse
Fri Dec 05, 2025 6:26 pm
Forum: Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)
Topic: Looking for Opponent SC War in Europe
Replies: 2
Views: 1291

Looking for Opponent SC War in Europe

Hi. I am a medium to advanced player looking for an opponent to play Strategic Command War in Europe. I am happy to play any level of player - help someone who is new to the game or learn from a master.

I am happy playing either side but would like to play a second game switching sides.

Either ...
by forestrouse
Mon Dec 01, 2025 11:04 pm
Forum: Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)
Topic: Noob or medium player
Replies: 2
Views: 1611

Re: Noob or medium player

Are you still looking for an opponent? I'm kind-of medium to advanced, but am happy to comment or tutor if needed.

Forest
by forestrouse
Sun Nov 30, 2025 5:06 pm
Forum: Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)
Topic: Medium player looking for opponent - game taken
Replies: 3
Views: 1388

Re: Medium player looking for opponent - game taken

Hi. Are you still looking for a game?

Forest
by forestrouse
Fri Aug 08, 2025 8:15 pm
Forum: Strategic War in Europe
Topic: Air War?
Replies: 3
Views: 3906

Re: Air War?

Quick question - what defines a successful intercept?

My notion of the rules is that if you have 5 or greater strength fighter you get 1 (or 2 intercepts if you have Aerial warfare). But the fighter unit takes damage (and of course can cause damage).

Should the measure be what are the total points ...
by forestrouse
Fri Aug 08, 2025 8:03 pm
Forum: Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)
Topic: Opponent Wanted for SC War In Europe
Replies: 4
Views: 1481

Re: Opponent Wanted for SC War In Europe

Dear Azmaer:

Its been a good game. I do have some feedback for you if you are interested.

Forest
by forestrouse
Sat Aug 02, 2025 10:15 pm
Forum: Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)
Topic: Opponent Wanted for SC War In Europe
Replies: 4
Views: 1481

Re: Opponent Wanted for SC War In Europe

Hi. I've setup a game with password Kursk with me playing Axis in the 1939 scenario.
by forestrouse
Sat Aug 02, 2025 7:55 pm
Forum: The War Room
Topic: Things you WISHED you knew in your first game...
Replies: 59
Views: 12460

Re: Things you WISHED you knew in your first game...


Wish I knew that only one major power needs to research Intelligence


Is this really true? Majors share, but not as high a level as intelligence and the Soviet's don't share with either the US or Britain. So while this advice might be okay advice for most majors, it certainly doesn't apply to ...
by forestrouse
Sat Aug 02, 2025 7:14 pm
Forum: Multiplayer (PBEM and head to head)
Topic: Opponent Wanted for SC War In Europe
Replies: 4
Views: 1481

Opponent Wanted for SC War In Europe

Hi.

I am intermediate to advanced player looking for an opponent for War In Europe. I've been playing Allies the last few times, so will want to play as Axis.

Send a DM to forestrouse.

Go to advanced search