Search found 185 matches

by Tom_
Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:35 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 189
Views: 32147

Re: Quick Questions Thread

I have a TF consisting of two Destroyers that I have ordered to conduct surface combat.
I have also put them to 22 KYDS from Shore.

However, they seem to come under shore bombardment - I have checked the enemy guns and they have less than 22 KYDS range.

Ergo, am I correct in assuming the ...
by Tom_
Fri Sep 18, 2026 9:15 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01
Replies: 9
Views: 1566

Re: CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01

Thanks for getting back to me - yes tried full screen and windowed mode, to no avail.
(when i used it in full screen it outright CTDs - when I use windowed mode it goes to a black screen and locks up.

Grateful for the response regardless and appreciate you looking into it. Hopefully before the game ...
by Tom_
Fri Sep 18, 2026 9:58 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01
Replies: 9
Views: 1566

Re: CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01

Original post edited 18/09/2026 to include the latest information.
by Tom_
Fri Jul 17, 2026 8:07 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01
Replies: 9
Views: 1566

Re: CTD 1.65.53.01

Don't mean to be a pain buts its been several months now and the issue still persists and I cant play the main campaign.
So far as I understand I have done everything possible my side.

Or if there are larger plans in the pipeline please let me know so I can manage my expectations..
by Tom_
Mon Jun 22, 2026 3:30 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Game failure upon reaching round 56 (September 12, 1936) Nationalist side
Replies: 4
Views: 1670

Re: Game failure upon reaching round 56 (September 12, 1936) Nationalist side

Hi Tuerka,

If someone hasn't already mentioned it in a private DM then i'd suggest you upload a save game.
This will allow the devs to investigate in greater detail.

Good luck
by Tom_
Wed May 20, 2026 3:34 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01
Replies: 9
Views: 1566

Re: CTD 1.65.53.01

Any update on this?
Its still affecting the game so haven't been able to play the campaign since launch..
Not sure how long is appropriate to wait.
by Tom_
Wed Mar 18, 2026 5:32 pm
Forum: After Action Reports
Topic: Fighting off the raving Fascists, Monarchists, and Religious fanatics!
Replies: 92
Views: 13843

Re: Fighting off the raving Fascists, Monarchists, and Religious fanatics!

Hi RJ,

Your AAR is so useful so thanks!
I haven't had time to read all of it so apologies if its already covered -

I'm trying to understand land combat from a fairly layman's perspective.

I was playing the tutorial battles and sometimes I cant tell if my land battle is to my advantage or not (i ...
by Tom_
Sat Mar 14, 2026 5:50 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01
Replies: 9
Views: 1566

Re: CTD 1.65.53.01

Ah thanks RJ - I wasn't sure where the crash reports were located!
Now attached x4 crash reports
by Tom_
Sat Mar 14, 2026 9:10 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01
Replies: 9
Views: 1566

CTD 1.65.53.01 Including 1.65.55.01

Hi Folks,

When attempting to the play the Main Campaign (as either side) the screen goes black and then a CTD on Turn 1.

Its very hard to test but it might be if my mouse is in the black area (screenshot 14) and I zoom, it causes the crash.
Screenshot13 is the screen when its gone black.


Version ...
by Tom_
Sat Feb 28, 2026 4:02 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Feature Requests
Replies: 17
Views: 2103

Re: Feature Requests

On the Combat Report and the Ops report clicking on an event highlights the hex in question - could the same be pleased applied to the SIGINT report - save me searching around the map..
by Tom_
Wed Feb 18, 2026 6:15 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Official Update Announcement
Replies: 24
Views: 3739

Re: Official Update Announcement

Thanks for this update! Means a lot to understand the next steps.

You have a tremendous game here and I really appreciate how you listen to the community - the good, the bad and the ugly.

I think this was demonstrated in the update to the manual, where questions raised by the community were ...
by Tom_
Fri Feb 13, 2026 10:44 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Feature Requests
Replies: 17
Views: 2103

Re: Feature Requests

Not that this is a democracy but these are great suggestions..
by Tom_
Wed Feb 11, 2026 5:54 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: WiS 1.65.53 Public Beta Is Now Available
Replies: 29
Views: 4227

Re: WiS 1.65.51 Public Beta Is Now Available

Any update on when this will become an official patch - and when the next patch will be out?
by Tom_
Fri Feb 06, 2026 1:29 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 189
Views: 32147

Re: Quick Questions Thread




After reading some of the manual, I am getting a feel of what things are and how mechnics work. But, I still don''t really understand "how to play".

I remember when I first bought a matrix game it came with a "first few turns guide". is there anything like that available?

(also, not ...
by Tom_
Fri Feb 06, 2026 12:15 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: LCU list
Replies: 25
Views: 2138

Re: LCU list



Thanks ! Bill, our sidebar guy, needs to look at this !!

Can you

(A) send a save from the start of the turn (the highest numbered save 50 or above should be the auto save from the start of your turn ?

(B) Tell us what buttons you pushed before you saw the start of this behavior ?

(We've had ...
by Tom_
Thu Feb 05, 2026 8:12 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 189
Views: 32147

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Have a question regarding this unit.
Its the tutorial scenario.

What do you folks do with this unit? (to be honest I'm more interested in how you use this type of unit, not what to do i.e. teach me to fish don't just give me a fish)

My instinct says send them to El Prat Llobregat where air units ...
by Tom_
Thu Feb 05, 2026 8:06 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 189
Views: 32147

Re: Quick Questions Thread



Would it be possible to have the save games also save the 'real world' date and time?
Look in your save folder in the game folder and then sort by date. You could also add the date and time in the description of the save when you save the game.

I have had to start a couple of the scenarios a ...
by Tom_
Wed Feb 04, 2026 5:19 pm
Forum: War in Spain 1936-39
Topic: Quick Questions Thread
Replies: 189
Views: 32147

Re: Quick Questions Thread

Would it be possible to have the save games also save the 'real world' date and time?
I have had to start a couple of the scenarios a few times because of CTDs and other issues and its hard to track which saves are current or old.

Is it possible to get a higher quality map? - so that zooming in ...
by Tom_
Sat Jan 31, 2026 8:31 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: PB in Palamos not refuling
Replies: 9
Views: 454

PB in Palamos not refuling

Possible bug in the Tutorial scenario.

I put the two PB boats located in Palamos into a TF (28).
Assigned them a patrol mission (just outside the port) - which they dutifully conducted.
Once the patrol mission was over they returned to port.

However, they have 'Full refuel' selected and do not ...

Go to advanced search