Search found 20 matches

by MattShadowlord
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:13 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: New game
Replies: 2
Views: 202

RE: New game

<t> Hi Dmitry!<br/>
<br/>
I was considering starting a new game, so have joined one of yours. <br/>
<br/>
It's up to you if you'd like it to be elo or not; I recently joined in but don't mind either way. Happy to do 2 turns a day, or more if time allows.<br/>
<br/>
Good luck -take no prisoners ...
by MattShadowlord
Wed May 26, 2021 4:20 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Tactics Focus: Gibraltar
Replies: 17
Views: 910

Tactics Focus: Gibraltar

<r> Gibraltar <br/>
<br/>
The Rock seems extremely important, but I have not seen it taken or taken it myself yet.<br/>
<br/>
Assuming a game where Spain doesn't join the Axis, is it only worth trying if also taking north africa from the non-Vichy France, or is there a reasonably reliable way to ...
by MattShadowlord
Wed May 26, 2021 4:10 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Tactics Focus: Allies vs an Axis Norway
Replies: 1
Views: 212

Tactics Focus: Allies vs an Axis Norway

<r> Questions about Norway, from the Allies' point of view. I am focusing on 4 locations that seem to be the most relevant, but any input and thoughts on this area are welcome.<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
<B><s>[b]</s>Narvik <e>[/b]</e></B><br/>
There seem to be three main schools of thought<br/>
1 ...
by MattShadowlord
Wed May 26, 2021 3:27 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: Tactics Focus: What do you do with India?
Replies: 2
Views: 204

Tactics Focus: What do you do with India?

<r> Hi!<br/>
Questions from a relatively new player, which I hope will spark conversation and generate some useful ideas.<br/>
<br/>
I have found three main uses for India in the early to mid game:<br/>
<br/>
1) Invest in Air tech<br/>
Send Bombers to North Africa, and later Europe<br/>
<br ...
by MattShadowlord
Wed May 26, 2021 3:22 am
Forum: Strategic Command WWII: World at War
Topic: double post
Replies: 0
Views: 92

double post

double post
by MattShadowlord
Wed May 26, 2021 1:49 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2214
Views: 201862

RE: Updated rankings as at 18 Jan 2021

I resigned December 1940, after he had whittled the RN down to a nub consisting of BBs and CVs but little else, while I had not sunk a single Axis naval unit in response.

'Whaaaat?', but also 'How?' :D
by MattShadowlord
Thu May 20, 2021 10:13 pm
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2214
Views: 201862

RE: Updated rankings as at 18 Jan 2021

<t> Matt (Axis) vs Cicero77 (Allies) is under way. The only thing worth mentioning is that Canada and Australian joined the war in December 1939, which seems later than normal.<br/>
<br/>
My game vs Marcinos (allies) is chugging along well. It looks like Marcinos knows every event before it ...
by MattShadowlord
Sun May 16, 2021 9:21 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for First game!
Replies: 14
Views: 793

RE: Looking for First game!

Glad to see you got it to work. OK then let's add it to ELO, so the battle feels like part of Something Larger.

Good luck!
by MattShadowlord
Thu May 13, 2021 5:43 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for First game!
Replies: 14
Views: 793

RE: Looking for First game!

<r> <br/>
<br/>
The game has been set up. Password is your username. It can count for ELO if you like, I just joined in with that.<br/>
<br/>
Houserules: I am told the common ones are:<br/>
No Diplomacy spent on Major Powers<br/>
No Diplomacy spend on Bulgaria <br/>
No Declaration of War vs ...
by MattShadowlord
Wed May 12, 2021 12:38 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for First game!
Replies: 14
Views: 793

RE: Looking for First game!

<r>
<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: Cicero77<br/>
<br/>
Hi Matt,<br/>
Are you still searching for a new opponent? I´d like to start my first SC:WOW mp game, preferably as allies, but axis is also possible. <br/>
<br/>
I played and won both 39 singleplayer campaigns, but havent played mp yet ...
by MattShadowlord
Wed May 12, 2021 12:36 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for First game!
Replies: 14
Views: 793

RE: Looking for First game!

<r>
<QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>ORIGINAL: rafaelmbaez<br/>
<br/>
Hi Matt<br/>
<br/>
I am looking for a new to intermediate game as Axis. I have played 5 PBEM games.<br/>
<br/>
Would you like a ELO match with standard rules (no diplo on majors, barbarrosa on 1941, no diplo in Bulgaria ).<br/>
<br ...
by MattShadowlord
Mon May 10, 2021 3:28 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for First game!
Replies: 14
Views: 793

RE: Looking for First game!

<r> First game finished - and won!<br/>
A July 1942 victory of Allies over the Axis. On a micro level, my opponent P clearly knew his stuff far better than I did. He had taken a mere 3 German land casualties to my 35 British, for example, and had taken Egypt, Palestine, the whole of France and ...
by MattShadowlord
Fri May 07, 2021 8:52 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2214
Views: 201862

RE: Updated rankings as at 18 Jan 2021

ORIGINAL: Marcinos

Elvis, Matt, sent you PM's.


And we're off! MattShadowlord vs Marcinos (Allies)

I warn you, Marcinos, this afternoon I read '3 Tips to improve your game now' :D
by MattShadowlord
Fri May 07, 2021 2:47 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2214
Views: 201862

RE: Updated rankings as at 18 Jan 2021

<r> <br/>
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I started 4 casual PBF games about a week ago and have yet to be embarrassed in them. This can only mean that I am ready to join you all in this ELO event. Or that my opponents are taking their time to toy with their prey <E>:D</E><br/>
Either way, it's been ...
by MattShadowlord
Mon May 03, 2021 3:26 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: The World at War ELO Ranking Games
Replies: 2214
Views: 201862

RE: Updated rankings as at 18 Jan 2021

-I lost Dutch Indies because the bug to the Japanese.

Hi - What does that mean?
by MattShadowlord
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for new games: Just lost 3 in row
Replies: 10
Views: 608

RE: Looking for new games: Just lost 3 in row

Where do games show up? Is it the list in the game under "PBEM > Open Challenges"?

And good luck with your thematic Come Back Victory Tour of Europe, Elvis!
by MattShadowlord
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:53 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for First game!
Replies: 14
Views: 793

RE: Looking for First game!

Thanks Treefrog!
by MattShadowlord
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:10 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Elvis looking for a game
Replies: 2
Views: 259

RE: Elvis looking for a game

Sure, any time.
New player, but will try give you a run for your money.
by MattShadowlord
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:37 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for First game!
Replies: 14
Views: 793

RE: Looking for First game!

PS
Actually the ideal opponents are people who don't mind chatting a bit about what's going on. My ideal game would be a learning experience played as much for fun as it is for total Global Domination.
by MattShadowlord
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:33 am
Forum: Multiplayer Sessions
Topic: Looking for First game!
Replies: 14
Views: 793

Looking for First game!

<r> Hello Matrix Gamers<br/>
<br/>
I've just set up an account, and would like to try SC:WOW multiplayer. I am obviously new to the game, but have played through a 1939 campaign successfully and read highlights from the manual.<br/>
<br/>
Ideal opponents: Beginner -> Intermediate -> Enthusiast ...

Go to advanced search